Installer Question

Not a big deal, but I had to manually install fabric first before the installer would run. Just a heads up. New Jessie Image. If it was just me, let me know. Otherwise awesome job! I love the installer, I am pushing HASS on our community as Jasper :stuck_out_tongue: … I am like eff those guys at openHAB (not really)…

1 Like

The installer should install fabric.

sudo /usr/bin/pip install fabric

Did you get any errors or so?

yeah missing ‘fab’ command when I ran the installer. I know how to, just letting you guys know that I had to do it. Maybe the version of jessie I was on. I can’t remember, but it might have been the ‘light’, maybe thats why. I will check when I can.

Also, I am using a heavily used RPI3, and when I run the installer, it always tries to run a ‘pi’, there is no pi user on the device. I have even tried manually setting $me to my user. I could create a ‘pi’ system account, but I would rather not. As that is a serious security issue.

That’s most likely the problem here. The guide assumes it’s a fresh nothing else pi.

@Landrash thats what I assumed as well, so I went through the code and it gets the right user, up until a certain step then it asks for PI password for something, I have not been able to debug which step that is yet, but I just installed it in a virt env manually fine.

I even set the user in the script to my user and it still did it.