Installing HA on a brand new Raspberry Pi3, errors

Hi!

I just bought a Raspberry Pi3 and trying to install HA. Currently I am not at home, travelling in hotels, so I do not have a monitor, but I do connect with putty to the Raspberry Pi3 with a windows 10 laptop (I have a portable router with ethernet connection to which it is attached the Pi3).

I followed the Bruh youtube video, and this forum for the All-in-one installation. I think I did all correctly, now I receive this error during the installation. What can I do?

ERROR RECEIVED
sudo() received nonzero return code 1 while executing ‘ln -sd /srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.1-py3.4-linux-armv7l.egg/config’!

Have you tried a
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

to get the latest and greatest OS updates?
Reboot after.

If you ran the installer more than once, you would get similar messages. It doesn’t in itself signify a failure.
What is the output of:
sudo ps -ef | grep hass

this

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo ps -ef | grep hass
pi 1493 1463 0 02:31 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto hass
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

So hass isn’t running. in the /home/hass/.homeassistant/ folder, do you have a configuration.yaml file. Note the dot in front of home assistant. Try restarting hass with

systemctl restart home-assistant.service

Then rerun the ps command

yes there is a configuration.yaml file

EDIT
Ok I did it with sudo (newb here)
sudo systemctl restart home-assistant.service

seemed ok no error, then I did

sudo ps -ef | grep hass

and receive

pi 1275 1225 0 04:32 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto hass

I finally managed to have it all working (I don’t know how).

ANd now again is not working.

The Raspberry Pi is up and running, but the site (192.168.1.239:8123) is not reachable.

The router is working fine, I can ping the 192.168.1.239 Raspberry pi, but HA is not working.

How can I troubleshoot??

Very inconsistent behaviour

What was working? Did you make any configuration changes? There is troubleshooting help here

https://home-assistant.io/getting-started/troubleshooting-configuration/

was working everything. The configuratuion I think is fine.

Now it seems the HA is not booting up …

This is my error log, but seems small errors that should not effect connecting o the front end of the HA (which is not reachable)

16-12-03 01:00:19 homeassistant.components.emulated_hue: Listen IP address not specified, auto-detected address is 192.168.1.239
16-12-03 01:00:19 homeassistant.bootstrap: Error during setup of component netatmo
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/bootstrap.py”, line 150, in _async_setup_component
None, component.setup, hass, config)
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 388, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 286, in _wakeup
value = future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 277, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 54, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/netatmo.py”, line 47, in setup
import lnetatmo
File “/home/hass/.homeassistant/deps/lnetatmo.py”, line 17, in
from smart_home.Thermostat import ThermostatData
File “/home/hass/.homeassistant/deps/smart_home/Thermostat.py”, line 5

^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
16-12-03 01:00:19 homeassistant.bootstrap: Component netatmo failed to setup
16-12-03 01:00:19 homeassistant.bootstrap: Unable to prepare setup for platform sensor.netatmo because dependency netatmo could not be initialized
16-12-03 01:00:20 homeassistant.components.sensor.command_line: Command failed: /home/hass/.homeassistant/RMTasker/rmtemp.sh

Configuration errors are a common cause of the front end failing to start. Get into the habit of backing up configuration.yaml Before you make any changes. Paste your configuration into the Online YAML lint site mentioned in the troubleshooting. Also use the

hass --script check_config

You run that from the configuration directory. You will need to add the full path to the hass file depending on where and how you installed it.

Yep, it was a problem with a file I changed slightly

You are and running then?

Yes, now all works, thanks

Great. Good luck