Installing HA os in external ssd

Hi, I have a running HA installation in a rapberry pi 4 with an sd
I´m trying to move this installation to an external SSD as the SD degrades from time to time
I´ve flashed the boot from usb utility and I´ve flashed the SSD aparently without problems
the power supply is 3a
My 1st issue when I plug the disk is that it takes more than 1 hour in the installing page before asking for an user or a backup and all the tutorials that i´ve seen refer to a very quick installation below the 20 minutes
the second issue is that once in the login screen when i select to restore a backup , i select the last backup file (80 mb) and click restore but from this point nothing happens for more than 2 hours and i allways decide to abort.
Is it so slow to restore? Should i wait more?
Am I missing something?
thanks for your comments

Sounds like it should be much quicker than that. About 30 mins from start to running for mine last time I did it. Will no doubt depend on how big the installation is.

I guess this is some thing like the way you did it. If not try these steps.

I use the RPi imager

Select other specific purpose os then Home assistant. Flash and then plug into pi and boot. When the login page loads restore from back up.

this is exactly the process that i followed with RPI imager

I´ll try with another disk

thanks

Bei mir lag es nicht an der SSD, sondern am Adapter. Ich benutze am Raspberry 4 den von StarTech .