Installing Hass on VirtualBox

hi guys.
I installed hassio on a new NUC i5 pc. did it exactly as directed by “The hook up” .
Setting a defined ip for the hassio was not successful . I set the parameters, but could not access the system or see the hass on my router list. I therefore, skipped that part and let the hass take an ip automatically. this worked and I am able to access the hassio .
My problem is that I can access the home assistant front-end only from the local host computer (Nuc). I just cant access it from any LAN PC/mobile/vpn.
I noticed that the vm is working in a local subnet (192.168.56.x) while my router is setting values in 192.168.0.x-192.168.0.254. I therefore can not do any port forwarding.
I am using bridged mode as instructed but I see many recommendations to use NAT only for enabling internal port forwarding. tried to check that as well but it seems I can not use it.

Any idea ?
appreciate any advise.

Your VM IP address says differently. What you describe sounds identical to NAT or HOST-ONLY mode on the VM NIC in the VM settings.

Yep, bridged means bridged. Check it.

checked andf re-installed everything again. it seems that the virtual box automativcally creates a host only adapter , even though I sepcifically defined "bridged "… I did not yet defined a specific IP and let it choose it. I can access teh Hassio only locally. Is something wrong with the router ( tp link c2) ?
i can see the hassio IP on the router DHCP client list

Resolved !!!
McAfee firewalled the access to the host .
Moving on !
thanks all

Just an FYI, you didn’t have to re-install anything. You can just modify the Virtualbox VM settings…

I’ve just sent this answer also to the post
“new-installation-on-virtualbox” with id 199576 in this forum

Hi all,

today I had the same problems with my freshly installed hassio on Virtualbox 6.1
I’m also using Bridge Mode.
The VM started without any problems and I could connect the ha console by using user “root” with empty password.
The cmd “core info” returns an IP 172.30.32.1
I assume that this IP is an IP which is internally used by docker.
In my router I found my PC twice with two IPs. One of them was the IP of my PC which it gets from the routers DHCP server. The other IP was the one for my HA VM.
When using this IP:8123 I could finally connect to HA via my browser.

Good luck with HA !