Installing Home Assistant OS using Proxmox 8

hmm, so it’s showing that it grows about 10GB every 30 days. I wonder what’s causing that then.

yes, just want to have backup options…

I have 3 VMs, and sit at about 90% usage of about 70gb. The total of the 3 volumes doesn’t change, the amount used of each does/can.

If the usage is growing, you have something, like a db, increasing in size, or, you are storing multiple snapshots possibly.

I honestly have no idea what’s causing it to rise.

You can see about a month ago, the disk was completely full. At that time, I had snapshots set within Proxmox as well…I disabled and deleted that, which cleared up space. However, it continues to rise, so I’m trying to proactively prevent a random stoppage again from a full disk.

The small dip a few days ago was me trying to use the trim command via shell, which appears to have done something.

Per the messages above, I’ve eliminated the locally saved HA Snapshots, I no longer have snapshots within Promox, and my HA db is offloaded to a NAS. So I’m really at a loss what’ continuing to make this go up.

Probably you database grows… and what might also cause issues is possible the container images that are not used anymore after an update… I gave hass 120Gb and purge after 7 days and then I have no issues.

purge what? how?

Start here:

recorder:
  purge_keep_days: 2

Then optionally use an automation (search this forum for many examples). I use node red for it.

Take a look here:

If you want to delete old images of containers install portainer and look here:

What ongoing maintenance is required using this method? On top of the usual if you were running “pure” HAOS on a pi/NUC etc?

Keep Proxmox updated from the GUI.

On this thread it says to install with this code:

On github it has this code

sudo -c "$(wget -qLO - https://github.com/whiskerz007/proxmox_hassos_install/raw/master/install.sh)"

Which is the correct one?

It’s the same.

Thanks.
Any idea when the script will work on Proxmox 7?

Will it not work now?

I am on Proxmox 7 and can create on local-lvm but not on my NFS storage?

I have a pool of 5 ProxMox hosts so would prefer to run on shared storage but it fails to create the VM

Any idea or is this still a V7 issue

Ziptbm,

I am having a similar issue, after becoming completely full I deleted and restored my HA vm on proxmox and it is growing rapidly again. Have you found anything yet that was causing the storage to fill up?

Cheers

how big is your home assistant V2 db? If you aren’t limiting your logging, the db can grow huge.

I have wondered that myself and checked and it was less than 2gb.

I used whiskerz007 install script and wondering if I didn’t follow it correctly.

To resize the disk after the first boot

• At the root prompt type df -h /dev/sda8 and note the Size
  • Shutdown the VM
  • Resize the disk to the desired size
  • At the root prompt type sgdisk -e /dev/sda
  • At the root prompt type reboot
  • Verify resize was successful by typing df -h /dev/sda8 at the root prompt

New VM install, before starting I increase memory, processor and disk size, start VM and then type the first command and note the size (the size I changed the disk to). Next I type second command, reboot, use the first command again and it’s still the size I changed it to before bootup.

Is that all correct?

In my fork of the script, It sets the disk size to 32gb during VM creation. Then all that’s needed to be set is Memory and Processors.

Hi,

I’m freaking out, if you know how to, because local-lvm grow up every day and i didn’t figure out to fix this.

I used this script GitHub - whiskerz007/proxmox_hassos_install

Please can you show us how to fix this, forever?

I think you need to set recorder to purge after X days in configuration.yaml:

recorder:
  purge_keep_days: 5

another exampe…in configuration.yaml

recorder:
  purge_interval: 2
  purge_keep_days: 2
  exclude:
    entities: 
      - sensor.date_time
      - sensor.icloud3_event_log
    entity_globs: