Installing Home Assistant OS using Proxmox 8

After a fresh 6.4 install, make sure you update Proxmox (6.4.13)

I’m running 6.4.13
It’s just not installing Home assistant. There is not a single network activity

How are you installing HA? script?

Have you made sure you have Virtualization enabled in the Bios of the machine?

Ok. That may be the problem because I had to disable kvm virtualization in Proxmox. I can’t find any virtualization options in mij t620 bios.
@kanga_who EDIT It works! Thanks!

1 Like

Any advice for freeing up local-lvm storage on an SSD when using this guide for install?

Asked this in another thread, but I’m not finding a way to prevent my device from filling up. I’ve already offloaded the database, but I’m concerned what will happen next month.

How many snapshots are your storing locally? If you have more than 1 on the device itself, that is probably too many. I would recommend using the Google Drive Backup add-on to store your snapshots.

The only other thing that creates a large amount of data is the database, so if you’ve moved it to another drive, you should be fine. You can also limit the size of the database to prevent huge db files. If you need some help with how to configure this, I can post my config. My db sits around 2gb at all times.

Yes, I have the Google Drive Backup add-on installed and currently have it set to 21 for each.

So you’d recommend clearing the local storage, will change that and see if that clears up space. I just the local snapshots to 2 only on HA, which appears to have deleted 8GB within HA, but Proxmox still shows the local-lvm disk at the same capacity.

Do I need to do anything on the Proxmox side?

You have 21 snapshots!?

The local-lvm is the total allocated drive space for each VM combined. To reduce the used amount, you would need to resize each VM on the drive.

hmm, so it’s showing that it grows about 10GB every 30 days. I wonder what’s causing that then.

yes, just want to have backup options…

I have 3 VMs, and sit at about 90% usage of about 70gb. The total of the 3 volumes doesn’t change, the amount used of each does/can.

If the usage is growing, you have something, like a db, increasing in size, or, you are storing multiple snapshots possibly.

I honestly have no idea what’s causing it to rise.

You can see about a month ago, the disk was completely full. At that time, I had snapshots set within Proxmox as well…I disabled and deleted that, which cleared up space. However, it continues to rise, so I’m trying to proactively prevent a random stoppage again from a full disk.

The small dip a few days ago was me trying to use the trim command via shell, which appears to have done something.

Per the messages above, I’ve eliminated the locally saved HA Snapshots, I no longer have snapshots within Promox, and my HA db is offloaded to a NAS. So I’m really at a loss what’ continuing to make this go up.

Probably you database grows… and what might also cause issues is possible the container images that are not used anymore after an update… I gave hass 120Gb and purge after 7 days and then I have no issues.

purge what? how?

Start here:

recorder:
  purge_keep_days: 2

Then optionally use an automation (search this forum for many examples). I use node red for it.

Take a look here:

If you want to delete old images of containers install portainer and look here:

What ongoing maintenance is required using this method? On top of the usual if you were running “pure” HAOS on a pi/NUC etc?

Keep Proxmox updated from the GUI.

On this thread it says to install with this code:

On github it has this code

sudo -c "$(wget -qLO - https://github.com/whiskerz007/proxmox_hassos_install/raw/master/install.sh)"

Which is the correct one?

It’s the same.

Thanks.
Any idea when the script will work on Proxmox 7?