Installing Home Assistant Supervised using Debian 12

if you reset the option it will show unhealthy again… what were you expecting? Those errors are what I see as well.
(I think it’s ha jobs options --reset then a restart)

EDIT
NO it is ha jobs reset

What does ha jobs info show?

Mine never showed unhealthy. Only unsupported software. It doesn’t tell me what is unsupported. I wanted to see if I could get back to a supported system.

ha jobs options --reset

level=fatal msg=“Error while executing rootCmd: unknown flag: --reset”
root@homeassistant:~# ha jobs info
ignore_conditions:

• healthy

Directions from the HA link:

https://www.home-assistant.io/more-info/unsupported/job_conditions

Did not work.

the supervisor log will tell you what is unsupported (or at least it did before and I posted that in the RPi thread a week or so ago). Mine is just objecting to the option now and unsupported software. It will basically be any non HA docker image/container. Unless you remove all those you aren’t ever going to see a supported system again. If that’s a problem for you then maybe you should switch to HA OS as per their cunning plan…

Bugger… is it ha jobs reset

1 Like

Try:
ha jobs options
ha jobs reset

Haos has not been stable for me and many others since 5.4 was updated (last November). Not my intent to remove anything that I am using. I just am trying to understand how to do things. Ha jobs reset is supposed to fix it but it doesn’t for me. By the way the software error went away after trying different job reset options. Not sure why? I Removed nothing.

On one instance I had just Portainer running.Removed it, restarted Supervisor, supported again.

Yeah any container (inc Portainer) will make your system unsupported if it’s not controlled by the supervisor. They are trying to stop people using supervised.

3 Likes

Mine shows unsupported as well after Supervisor upgrade to 2021.10.6. But still healthy. Can’t understand why some people report “unhealthy” and others “healthy”, is this random?
I only have Portainer outside of HA. I’ve had it since the beginning but Supervisor never complained until now. Can’t seem to find a chengelog, where it is clearly stated that “this is now enforced more harshly since HA Supervisor version 2021.10…”.
I’m not keen on changing settings via ha jobs. “Healthy” indication or not may some day prove useful in troubleshooting something else.
How are we supposed to troubleshoot things with no Portainer installed, should the whole thing be taken down eg. by a Docker upgrade? It’s happened in the past and Portainer helped.
Warnings about “deprecated” snapshot etc. in Unify and Adguard add-ons still there after approx. 2,5 months (even though not installed). These little things in the past were fixed in a matter of weeks.
Clearly this project is taking another direction.

2 Likes

The installer has just been updated to run as a deb file. See the merged PR HERE

I will test in the next day or so and update the guide accordingly.

I uninstalled Portainer, but if the need is there, it is less then 5 minutes to install again :slight_smile:

I guess this goes back to the old discussion of how much you are willing to sacrifice to get a “supported” HA instance. I find it highly counterproductive to have to install and then setup Portainer at the exact same time I’m troubleshooting a completely broken HA instance (whatever the latter means for your daily tasks).

If you’re willing to have everything removed, there’s indeed no need to stay in Supervised. It’ll be just a waste of time.
Others (including me) believe that it’s a great waste of resources to only have HA installed eg. on a Pi4 with 4gb of ram and nothing more.
That’s why I’m willing to further install other containers on it and live with the “unsupported” state.
It’s where this project is clearly going what troubles me more though.

2 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

Worrying indeed that having any other container, is now deemed unsupported. This seems at best a stupid move and at worse, something quite troubling.

On the plus side I now no longer need to worry about trying to keep up and have a supported install as I know it can now never happen.

1 Like

The most troubling of all is that there is absolutely no changelog about this anywhere, which would make things transparent and clear. The (permanent) message just popped up some random day after an arbitrary upgrade of the Supervisor, even though the prerequisites are known for a long time but not strictly enforced that way. An on-off message would clearly suffice, should there not be other intentions at hand.

2 Likes

root@homeassistant:~# ha jobs options
Command completed successfully.
root@homeassistant:~# ha jobs reset
ignore_conditions: []
root@homeassistant:~# ha supervisor restart
ignore_conditions:

• healthy

I had home assistant installed through the old method (installer script) but needed to remove the containers and start over. I followed the new deb package tutorial and again through the steps listed at the top of this thread. Every time it finished successfully but there is no home assistant container installed and no front end ever comes up. Any ideas?

Are you sure you removed them all and removed all the symlinks? The Supervisor auto-starts and will attempt to re-download if I remember correctly.

I ran the new installer yesterday after I updated to the latest beta supervisor and it works fine. For unknown reasons after a supervisor update my system is toasted and the only way back is a reinstall (and it reinstalls the latest supervisor. Then if I click update again it works. This has been happening for MONTHS now and I have no idea why. This will happen after a docker update too. All other docker stuff restarts correctly… the oddest thing.
Anyway, the new installer works fine.

I’ve tested it on a couple of machines now, works well.

Weird about the Docker stuff though.

Yeah I don’t understand. New beta supervisor today… supervisor won’t start. As an added bonus it kills all the addons as well so after the reinstall I have to edit recorder to use sqllite and restart HA and then I can restart all the addons via a script and then restart again. Weird thing is when I click to update supervisor again it works as expected. (Because the package installs stable supervisor again)

This is the only unusual stuff in the log

21-10-29 10:12:46 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluate] Starting system evaluation with state CoreState.RUNNING
21-10-29 10:12:47 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluations.base] Found unsupported images: {'portainer/portainer-ce', 'ghcr.io/linuxserver/sabnzbd', 'philhawthorne/ha-dockermon', 'ghcr.io/linuxserver/sonarr', 'ghcr.io/linuxserver/lazylibrarian', 'ghcr.io/linuxserver/radarr'} (more-info: https://www.home-assistant.io/more-info/unsupported/software)
21-10-29 10:12:47 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluate] System evaluation complete
21-10-29 10:12:47 CRITICAL (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] The following job conditions are ignored and will make the system unstable when they occur: {<JobCondition.HEALTHY: 'healthy'>}
21-10-29 10:12:47 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.fixup] Starting system autofix at state CoreState.RUNNING
21-10-29 10:12:47 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.fixup] System autofix complete