Installing in to LibreElec (Pi, custom linux) help

Why do you NEED HA on a device to run ONE single power outlet?

if you just want Home Assistant, you can run Home Assistant. You don’t need Hassio.

I’m happy with just HA, but I can’t install even that. Error code 127 on exit.

docker run --init -d --name=“home-assistant” -v /storage/dockerconfig/home-assistant/:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=host --restart=unless-stopped homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant

Doesn’t work

Code 127 indicates an incorrect architecture from my experience. Have you tried any of the arm tags instead of trying to specify raspberry pi 3?

thanks for your help.

It’s been spitting this out.

LibreElecPi:~ # docker run --init --net=host --restart=unless-stopped homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant
exec – failed: No such file or directory

Seems odd.

Also this :frowning:

LibreElecPi:~ # docker run --init --net=host --restart=unless-stopped homeassistant/armhf-homeassistant
exec – failed: No such file or directory

Try:

# docker run -d --name="home-assistant" -v /storage/hass-config:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 8123:8123/tcp --restart=unless-stopped homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant
1 Like

Thanks for your help, do you have any idea about this?

I finally have it working (home not hass) on libre, it should be enough if both can talk to my gateway

What does this mean?

Home Assistant is often abbreviated hass, or HA. Are you trying to say it’s hass and not hassio?

I am trying to use home assistant.

I find the whole home assistant and “hass.io” quite confusing.

I am 99.9% sure “hass.io” is IMPOSSIBLE to run on LibreElec, it does not have enough fundamental OS things loaded into it - and you can NOT customise it - it’s a very special, custom linux.

However, home-assistant (see my docker command at the top) does work.

hassio runs in docker too, but I agree that you should be able to run home assistant in docker on libreelec.

I may have to have a play!

Hassio is not a custom Linux. HassOS is.

Libreelec is a special custom linux.

Yes, I’m familiar with Libreelec, I just read the sentence incorrectly.

So the question is, does anyone else here, run home assistant, on LibreElec without issues?
I just want to be able to see my Xioami Aqara gateway.

I’m convinced, this is not a good sign.

The following components and platforms could not be set up:

Please check your config.

Anyone plz?

No logs, no problem!

What the heck has occurred here, looks like some of my threads have been merged? No wonder this is confusing.

Will fix when I get home

Exactly what command are you running to make HA run in docker?

It’s all covered better in this thread.

The command is

docker run -d
–name=“home-assistant”
-v /storage/home-assist-config:/config
-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
-p 8123:8123/tcp
–restart=unless-stopped
homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant

Surprisingly it works fine, HA starts ok - it seems like it should work, however the ability of HA to perform a ‘detection’ against the entire network, appears to be unfortunately failing.

Again to be clear, I’m running under a tailored version of linux, found here.

https://libreelec.tv/downloads/

It used to be mentioned in the documentation, but if you want DISCOVERY to work, net has to be host, and you don’t specify a port.