Installing in to LibreElec (Pi, custom linux) help

I followed some instructions here:

I am getting this error.
19-06-19 04:45:39 INFO (SyncWorker_3) [hassio.docker.interface] Pull image homeassistant/armv7l-homeassistant tag landingpage.
19-06-19 04:45:42 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [hassio.docker.interface] Can’t install homeassistant/armv7l-homeassistant:landingpage → 404 Client Error: Not Found (“pull access denied for homeassistant/armv7l-homeassistant, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’”).
19-06-19 04:45:42 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Fails install landingpage, retry after 30sec

How do I install this via docker? What is the EXACT command to type in so that my LibreElec Raspberry Pi will be identical to my Raspbian Pi (working HomeAssistant, I want to get rid of needing 2 Pi)

I have also tried this command…

docker run --name hassio_supervisor --security-opt apparmor:unconfined --security-opt seccomp=unconfined -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v /var/run/dbus:/var/run/dbus -v /storage/dockerconfig/hassio:/data -e SUPERVISOR_SHARE=/storage/dockerconfig/hassio -e SUPERVISOR_NAME=hassio_supervisor -e HOMEASSISTANT_REPOSITORY=homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant homeassistant/armhf-hassio-supervisor

Which resulted in this.

19-06-19 05:04:49 INFO (SyncWorker_4) [hassio.docker.homeassistant] Start homeassistant homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant with version 0.94.3
19-06-19 05:04:49 ERROR (SyncWorker_4) [concurrent.futures] exception calling callback for <Future at 0x7507fe50 state=finished returned NoneType>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/_base.py”, line 324, in _invoke_callbacks
callback(self)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/futures.py”, line 362, in _call_set_state
dest_loop.call_soon_threadsafe(_set_state, destination, source)
File “uvloop/loop.pyx”, line 1261, in uvloop.loop.Loop.call_soon_threadsafe
File “uvloop/loop.pyx”, line 604, in uvloop.loop.Loop._call_soon
File “uvloop/loop.pyx”, line 608, in uvloop.loop.Loop._call_soon_handle
File “uvloop/loop.pyx”, line 637, in uvloop.loop.Loop._check_closed
RuntimeError: Event loop is closed
19-06-19 05:04:49 ERROR (MainThread) [asyncio] Task was destroyed but it is pending!
task: <Task pending coro=<HassIO.start() running at /usr/src/hassio/hassio/core.py:113> wait_for=<Future pending cb=[_chain_future.._call_check_cancel() at /usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/futures.py:348, <TaskWakeupMethWrapper object at 0x749b8dd0>()]>>
LibreElecPi:~ #

Note, LibreElec users can not use this command.

curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/hassio-build/master/install/hassio_install | bash -s

It won’t work.
“[Error] Please install jq first”

So I need to do this via docker only?

Pretty sure libreelec has many of the requirements for hass removed.

I don’t understand, I thought if the system has docker, it’s fine?

LibreElec runs docker so, can’t the container have all the requirements inside it?

if you read from this part, there are packages required on the host system, thats why the curl install wont work as librelec has many of them removed.

So are those required to initally install or, or use it overall?

I thought docker allowed me to do whatever because you can load dependencies into the containers or something?

Are you trying to install home assistant or hassio?

I honestly, to this day, still don’t know the difference.

What little difference I know, is that hass.io has something called “snapshot” in it, I would like to use that to import my settings, from my old Raspberry Pi.

Home assistant is the application. Hassio is a method of installation and management.

Hassio consists of 2 docker containers, and add-ons are simply other docker containers running alongside with the supervisor managing them.

I am of the understanding, I can not install Hass.IO into LibreElec now, the underlying linux build is incapable of running it, so I hear.

I just want to run 2 instances now, basic HA docker on LibreElec- to turn on my server.

You don’t need home assistant to turn on a single server…that’s just silly.

It’s hard to explain, but I actually, totally need HA.

How do I install it via docker? It’s exiting with code 127?

Why do you NEED HA on a device to run ONE single power outlet?

if you just want Home Assistant, you can run Home Assistant. You don’t need Hassio.

I’m happy with just HA, but I can’t install even that. Error code 127 on exit.

docker run --init -d --name=“home-assistant” -v /storage/dockerconfig/home-assistant/:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=host --restart=unless-stopped homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant

Doesn’t work

Code 127 indicates an incorrect architecture from my experience. Have you tried any of the arm tags instead of trying to specify raspberry pi 3?

thanks for your help.

It’s been spitting this out.

LibreElecPi:~ # docker run --init --net=host --restart=unless-stopped homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant
exec – failed: No such file or directory

Seems odd.

Also this :frowning:

LibreElecPi:~ # docker run --init --net=host --restart=unless-stopped homeassistant/armhf-homeassistant
exec – failed: No such file or directory

Try:

# docker run -d --name="home-assistant" -v /storage/hass-config:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 8123:8123/tcp --restart=unless-stopped homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant
1 Like

Thanks for your help, do you have any idea about this?

I finally have it working (home not hass) on libre, it should be enough if both can talk to my gateway

What does this mean?

Home Assistant is often abbreviated hass, or HA. Are you trying to say it’s hass and not hassio?