Installing matter server docker image on a Raspberry Pi

I’m trying to set up the matter server in a docker container on a Raspberry Pi 4, running the latest Pi OS (Bookworm), and thus 64-bit and ARM v8. But when I try, I get

stable: Pulling from home-assistant-libs/python-matter-server

docker: no matching manifest for linux/arm/v8 in the manifest list entries.

Is there a way to get a v8 image? When I created an issue in home assistant core I got a brush-off.

1 Like

Are you pulling the image from GitHub or dockerhub?

ghcr.io/home-assistant-libs/python-matter-server:stable

The docker command I ran is

docker run -d --name matter-server --restart=unless-stopped \
    --security-opt apparmor=unconfined -v /home/local/homeassistant/matter:/data \
    -v /run/dbus:/run/dbus:ro --network=host \
    ghcr.io/home-assistant-libs/python-matter-server:stable

Did you ask recently. It look like they did not support docker until after August end you ask then the response was “we don’t support docker”

In this case your error may be specific to the OS or RasPi so maybe ask again in GitHub.

The response I received today included:

First of all, running the Matter server yourself in docker is officially unsupported, meaning that we do not provide support for it and doing so is at your own risk and support.

So maybe docker is still unsupported.

I specifically asked about a docker image for Raspberry Pi 4, v8 architecture, but the response didn’t address the question.

I tried installing a dockerized matter on my new Raspberry Pi 5. It worked! I don’t know whether this is because a new architecture is supported or whether the Pi 5 is different from the Pi 4.