Installing python-openzwave on rpi3

Hi Team.

Pretty straight forward question for those with this hardware. Has anyone successfully built and installed python-openzwave on a Raspberry Pi 3?

I have been able to get open-zwave and open-zwave-control-panel installed and interface with my RazBerry zwave.me daughter card using the fabulously simply tutorial by @aceat64 but the missing thing for me is how that installation interfaces with the HA instance (because it builds open-zwave and not the python-openzwave wrapper as suggested and used in all of the docs for HA). If there is a link to a config file that will allow that installation to work with HA then I couldn’t easily spot it and so I have been unable to get it working.

I will note that I have tried a manual install, an AIO and the latest method, Hassbian 1.1 install scripts. All fail to build and I don’t have the knowledge or understanding to be able to troubleshoot this myself I’m hoping someone that has an rpi3 is able to chip in.

I’ve used the Hassbian install as an example below of the problem(s) encountered during the install but I experience the same thing if doing this manually as well.

My console from the commencement to the end of the install_openzwave.sh script is here (pastebin) and the output logged to output.txt is here (pastebin)

I’m having the same issue

see if the solution i posted here helps you out

submitted a pull request to the author,
https://github.com/OpenZWave/python-openzwave/pull/66

Nice pick up @cyberk. I re-ran the Hassbian install_openzwave.sh manually and made that adjustment before the $make build command. I didn’t record the output but it was still very similar looking (ie. Loads of warnings, errors and deprecated type messages).

The result however is that I can interface with the gpio daughter card after of course inputting the config as shown below.

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyAMA0
  config_path: /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.2-py3.4-linux-armv7l.egg/config

Hassbian V1.1