Insteon configuration panel

Ouch!

Note to Self: Don’t buy that type of fan!
Obvioulsly you are saying it is RF remote. I have seen issues reported for IR and not enough power to send the light beam unless perfectly pointed.

Most all mine are RF.

Yeah, it’s an older fan before I was into automation. It’s kind of funny because I had three imsteon switches and the eight button touchpad on my wall for several years.

And it took the company going out of business and me breaking out into a full-blown panic to find out what my options were

Couple days later I was like Home Assistant what’s that? It was right they added the whole integration

Never knew it would consume the next three years of my life lol every week configuring something new

On that note, I think I’ll look to see if and what type of ceiling fans are out there that are already smart and integrate directly with Home Assistant. Thanks for the help.

Well …

(Disclaimer: I know some folks from the company)
My Haiku is beautiful. And well made stuff.

FYI, I am totally willing to trade anyone all my 6 button switches (like 6 or 7 of them) for dimming paddles. With Home Assistant now …

1. I never use the buttons on those
  2. I rarely use any switch, ever except for a few … I have wall tablets now
  3. My wife NEVER uses a switch, she has everything in scenes and Alexa and Home Assistant … handles her life perfect. “Alexa, turn on couch” … “Alexa, it’s bedtime” … “Alexa, open gate” , “Alexa, turn on dogs”.

Great news everyone! The most recent update of the Insteon Panel has been merged into the core. The features included in this change are:

1. Delete devices
  2. Configure modem (PLM / Hub)
  3. Configure device overrides (still not a recommended option in most cases)
  4. Manage X10 devices
  5. Move the panel from the side panel and to the standard configuration path
    Settings → Devices & Services → Insteon → Configure
  6. Ability to access a specific device configuration from the HA device page. I.e. you can get to the Insteon properties / ALDB via:
    Settings → Devices & Services → Devices Tab → Select Device → Visit (in device info box)
  7. All panel actions are moved under the actions (three dots) menu in the upper right corner of the screen for design consistency with other HA screens

The move from the side panel to the Configure section was requested by the HA team to make this consistent with other integrations.

5 Likes