Insteon Control Panel - keypad (6 btn) button A local dimmer control?

I’ve been using the Insteon Control Panel, the scene editor and ALDB editor to re-create Insteon scenes I had years ago, but were lost when a keypad died. I will not be running Home Assistant after they are configured (for now), so scenes need to be on-device and I am using only the ALDB editor to create scenes now.

Setup:
70.6A.7D 6 button keypad dimmer
25.85.8C dimmer 1
25.85.F5 dimmer 2
25.83.40 dimmer 3

What works:
Press Keypad Button A and turn on lights to brightness 200
(button A is group: 3, HA entity: switch.keypad_with_dimmer_70_6a_7d_button_a)

Keypad has ALDB controller entries for each dimmer similar to this:
[group: 3, target: 25.85.8C, data1: 200, data2: 0, data3: 1]

Each dimmer has a corresponding ALDB Responder:
[group: 3, target: 70.6A.7D, data1: 200, data2: 0, data3: 1]

Problem 1: same device dimmer control?
What I can’t seem to get working however is the keypad’s dimmer itself.
I’ve tried creating a controller/responder pair in group 3 for keypad 70.6A.7D, but I cannot seem to trigger it from button A?
On keypad 70.6A.7D:
Responder [group: 3, target: 70.6A.7D, data1: 200, data2: 0, data3: 1]
Controller [group: 3, target: 70.6A.7D, data1: 200, data2: 0, data3: 1]

Problem 2: independent OFF button controller?
I’d like the On button on the keypad to turn it’s own dimmer on (it does) but I want the Off button on the keypad to not only turn itself off, but to also turn off all the other dimmers. I thought I could create controllers on the keypad in group 1, and corresponding responders on the dimers, and they’d all turn off, but it doesn’t seem to be the case. Does the off button have a different group assignment than the on button? If it does, I haven’t been able to find it listed or documented anywhere.

I suspect I need to learn more about what values I should be sending in data1, data2, data3. Any documentation you can point me to that explains the data for keypads and dimmers in particular would be helpful.

This is the information I’ve been using to decide what goes in data1, data2, data3.

I assume only D1, D2, D3 supported, and also D1 maps to data1, D2=data2, etc?
Also feels like data1 should be values 0-32 not 0-255?

I know this isn’t a help desk, so I appreciate any pointers you can give.

Thank you!

Grant