Insteon Local - Sensors

I did see some mention about this in some of the Insteon message traffic on github, but I’d like to know if it would be possible to add sensor states and events to the Insteon Local component? Any intention of getting this added? It would be great to use the insteon motion sensors as well as get notifications from the insteon water leak sensors, etc.

Kudos to the programmers in getting the Insteon Local up and running, it’s been a great addition for me!

Thanks!

I have a motion sensor but I haven’t had time to look at it yet. Most likely the next feature will be fanlinc, since that is now supported in the low-level library. Also one of the developers has an interest in adding thermostat support. We will probably eventually look at the motion sensors but I can’t say when. In order to make it work, we will have to be querying the hub buffer every second or so to be able to pick up the event from the sensor. The sensors are basically offline and non queryable on the network except when they detect motion, in order to conserve battery…so they work very differently than the switches.

1 Like

+1 on getting the water leak detectors added to insteon-local.

Thanks for all of the hard work.

FanLinc and motion sensor support would be awesome. Also – any chance of getting support for both the top and bottom outlets in Insteon wall outlets? It’s possible in OpenHAB, so seems like it should be doable in HA.

Is there any work being done to improve the integration of Insteon sensors to HASS? Specifically, for leak and motion sensors. I would really be interested.