Insteon - Set led_dimming property via Automation

I would like to schedule the led backlight on an Insteon SwitchLinc Dimmer 2477D to turn off at night and back on in the morning. I can successfully set this property via the Insteon Integration by clicking on the switch and setting the value for the led_dimmer property; and then clicking write to device via the UI. I would like to incorporate these steps into an Automation. Can someone confirm this is possible and if so please share an example yaml and/or automation.

Adding some additional context. The attached screenshot shows the Insteon panel UI and highlighted is the led_dimming property and arrow to click and write to the device - which are the steps I would like to automate.

In addition this post shows the steps to set led_dimmer at the OS level using insteon_tools:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/new-insteon-version-for-beta-testing-do-not-use-since-this-is-now-in-0-111-and-higher/184489/290

Any advice on how to incorporate into an automation is appreciated.

1 Like

Changing properties using automations is not possible at this time. It is on the roadmap, however. Sorry for that.

1 Like

Thanks for working on this. I really appreciate it and look forward to it. This is about the last piece that I look forward to from the Insteon side of things with Home Assistant. Thanks again.

@teharris1 Any update on setting led_dimming by an automation or schedule?