Insteon Thermostat 2441TH for ISY

This should be fixed in the latest version on HACS.

1. I havenā€™t changed the sensor string, in fact these arenā€™t even referenced anywhere in the hassio config. I only use them in floorplan and homekit.
  2. Unlike my thermostat device, these arenā€™t grouped since at one point I had them in separate folders in the ISY UI.

My other I/O Linc that is acting the same way doesnā€™t have sensor in the name and is only mentioned in customize.yaml (which of course isnā€™t working since there I refer to it as a switch and itā€™s coming in as a sensor):

switch.projector_screen_trigger:
  hidden: true

The developer tools show:

Entity State Attributes
sensor.projector_screen 0.0 unit_of_measurement: 100 friendly_name: Projector Screen
sensor.projector_screen_trigger 0.0 unit_of_measurement: 100 friendly_name: Projector Screen Trigger

And the nodes look like:

<node flag="128" nodeDefId="BinaryControl_ADV">
    <address>28 C0 72 1</address>
    <name>Projector Screen Trigger</name>
    <parent type="3">62374</parent>
    <type>7.0.65.0</type>
    <enabled>true</enabled>
    <deviceClass>0</deviceClass>
    <wattage>0</wattage>
    <dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
    <startDelay>0</startDelay>
    <endDelay>0</endDelay>
    <pnode>28 C0 72 1</pnode>
    <property id="ST" value="0" formatted="Off" uom="100"/>
  </node>
  <node flag="0" nodeDefId="RelayLampOnly">
    <address>28 C0 72 2</address>
    <name>Projector Screen</name>
    <parent type="3">62374</parent>
    <type>7.0.65.0</type>
    <enabled>true</enabled>
    <deviceClass>0</deviceClass>
    <wattage>0</wattage>
    <dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
    <startDelay>0</startDelay>
    <endDelay>0</endDelay>
    <pnode>28 C0 72 1</pnode>
    <property id="ST" value="0" formatted="Off" uom="100"/>
  </node>

Upgrade in progressā€¦ Iā€™ll let you know if it has any effect on the other issues Iā€™m seeing.

@shbatm any more thoughts on the sensor or the 24-hour clock issues?

I just thought about this today ā€“ I completed the fix about a week ago, but never pushed the update because I wanted to test it some moreā€“and then I forgot about it. Will try to get it properly tested tonight.

I have 2 fixes for the same issue:

1. Simple ā€œdumbā€ fix just looks at the number of spaces in the string sent by the ISY and guesses if itā€™s military time or not. ā€“ This has already been submitted to the current PyISY branch for a patch.
  2. Another fix actually adds the /rest/time end-point and returns more information about the ISYā€™s clock, DST, GPS, and sunset/sunrise times. This is what I need to finish testing and push to PyISY_Beta tonight.

@sjthespian Try the new update in HACS. This should fix the 24-hour Clock issue.

Still working on the Insteon Mini-Remotes and IOLinc.

If there are any other issues that I havenā€™t addressed yet, please add them on the hacs-isy994 repo or the PyISY_beta repo so I can track them better.

This should be addressed in hacs-isy994 v1.0.3. IOLincs should now show sub-node 1 as a binary_sensor and show sub-node 2 (the relay) as a switch.

A word of caution to anyone using IOLincs: if you use any of the Momentary modes, best practice is to NOT control the IOLinc relay node directly through the ISY (or in this case, from HA). The On/Off state of the relay in the ISY is not always accurate due to the various momentary control modes of the IOLincs. I would highly recommend you control a scene which has the IOLinc as a responder. A subtle difference that took me 5 years to figure out why I always had issues. Old ISY Forum Link for reference

Iā€™m assuming you meant switches showing up as sensors based on the context in the other posts. The In-LineLinc is tagged as the same NodeDefType as the relay in the IOLinc, so this should also be fixed. My ILL is offline (x-mas light extension cord) so I canā€™t double-check. Please confirm.

Mini Remotes should be classified as Switches in this release.

I just upgraded and so far so good. The IOLincs are again split into switch/sensor appropriately and I see my mini remotes as switches as well (not that I do anything with those currently via. hassio). I have set the clock back to 24 hour time, Iā€™ll try restarting hass tomorrow again and see if it comes up correctly.

Thanks again for all the work you have done with this, things are looking really good!

Awesome. Thanks for the update. Keep me posted on any bugs.

For what itā€™s worth, the fix for the IOLinc being detected as a sensor has also fixed a similar issue I was seeing with the EZRain/EZFlora Irrigation system controller. It was appearing as eight sensors but now correctly appears as eight switches. Check another device off as good! :smiley:

I stumbled into a small issue this evening ā€“ similar to the above issue with IOLincs being detected as sensors instead of switches. This is happening with an Compacta/Smartenit EZIO2x4 module I have ā€“ it has two relays and four sensor inputs (two digital and two analog/digital). In my HA I see two sensors and four switches ā€“ theyā€™re transposed. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s the same or very similar problem as with the IOLincs but something unique to this module; it appears correctly in the ISY console (there the relays are identified as 1 and 2 and the sensors are 9, A, B, and C). @shbatm let me know if there is any more info I can provide to help diagnose and/or fix. :beers: (I am running the latest version from HACS, btw.)

Please post or send me the REST XML for the nodes (ether the section of /rest/nodes that contains these nodes or the individual /rest/nodes/ADDRESS results) and Iā€™ll take a look.

1 Like

Sent you a DM with the details. :slight_smile:

What version of ISY is everyone running? I am on 4.73, thinking about upgrading to 5.0.16

5.0.15. Havenā€™t upgraded to the 16RC yet.
Iā€™ve been on v5 betas for ~2 years (I think) with a ~40 Insteon device network and really no significant issues caused by v5.

I have two ā€“ one at my place and one at my folkā€™s. Theyā€™re both on 5.0.13D and running with no problems that Iā€™ve noticed.

Iā€™ve been on 5 since it went into beta (5.0.16 atm), mostly because I wanted to play with the BlueIris and a couple other polyglot servers. Itā€™s been working well, the only issues were getting everything working again after upgrading from 4.x.

Thanks everyone, I was able to upgrade to 5.0.16 with no issues.

1 Like

Questionā€¦tonight I was playing around a bit with events, trying to capture an instant-on event.

The stock ISY994 component mentions these ā€œisy994_controlā€ events, which I do see firing, but they only seem to occur when my thermostats or motion sensors do something; I donā€™t see the events when anything else happens. That said, Iā€™m still sort of new at this so itā€™s possible Iā€™m doing something terribly wrong; I thought Iā€™d bring it up here just in case something actually is broken. :slight_smile:

Not exactly sure where your instant on event is coming from, but I use a double tap off to trigger a notification.
It looks like this in my automation:

alias: Notify Laundry timer on double tap off
  trigger:
  - event_data:
      control: DFOF
      entity_id: switch.laundry_light
    event_type: isy994_control
    platform: event
  condition: []
  action:
  - delay: 01:10
  - data: