Insteon with Emulated Hue dimming goes to full brightness first when using Alexa

I successfully setup HA for all my Insteon devices and also Emulated Hue for Alexa and Harmony support.

The only issue I have is with Alexa. When an insteon light is OFF and I say: “Alexa, Dim the family room lamp to 50%”, the light will go from OFF to 100% brightness and then immediately dim to the 50% level I requested. This behavior happens with both SwitchLinc and LampLinc dimmers.

Logging shows the two commands being issued for the insteon device.
2022-05-19 22:24:28 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.insteon.insteon_entity] Received update for device 4a0d42 group 1 value 255
2022-05-19 22:24:29 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.insteon.insteon_entity] Received update for device 4a0d42 group 1 value 129

If the light is on at 10%, and I say “Alexa, Dim the family room lamp to 50%”, it will go from 10% to 50% without going to 100% in between.

I have my Harmony Remote buttons mapped to the HA/Insteon/Emulated Hue devices, and a short press will turn the lamp from OFF to whatever level it was last at even it that level was dimmed. So it’s possible through the Harmony remote to go from OFF to 50% directly without the temporary 100% level.

The Nabu Casa Alexa integration works properly when using Alexa. If a lamp is OFF, it will go from OFF to 50% (or whatever level) without going to 100% brightness first.

So now I have to use both Emulated Hue (to get my Harmony to work) and Nabu Casa (to get Alexa to work). I made the Emulated Hue device names different ie “Harmony Ceiling” and “Harmony Lamp” and disabled those in the Alexa app so Alexa can’t use them but they can still be controlled by the Harmony remote.

Any ideas why Alexa can’t get an Insteon device mapped with Emulated Hue to dim properly?

Setup: Fanless Mini PC running latest HA OS . Insteon Hub 2. I don’t have any real Phillips Hue devices. And this issue happens when using Emulated Hue only (without Nabu Casa enabled). The link table in the insteon hub modem and insteon devices only have controller/responder pairs with each other. No scenes and no schedules in the hub.

Hardware Generic x86-64
Home Assistant Core 2022.5.5
Home Assistant Supervisor 2022.05.2
Home Assistant OS 8.0