Integrate MI Smart LED Bulb easy steps

hi, I check the library and looks like everything still works, but there is another opcion, the documentation of python-miio also has the python-yeelight gitlab, here the link check the steps, look like you can enable now the “development mode” ussing the YeeLight app. https://gitlab.com/stavros/python-yeelight/.

here is also the link for the python-miio library, so you can confirm the model you are trying to enable https://pypi.org/project/python-miio/

here the screen of the opction for the yeelight devices: image

let mi know if this help so I can add it to the manual.

Bulb is connected to Mi Home app and Alexa, and it works fine.
I got also the token and remaining info with token_extractor:

MODEL:    yeelink.light.color2

But following the instructions I got next messages:

ERROR: miio.miioprotocol Got error when receiving: timed out
Error: No response from the device

I also tried to get info or set status (on/ff) but it does not work neither.

Solved:
After removing the bulb from Mi Home twice, and adding again, finally miiclio was able to detect it and set developer mode to 1.

Now bulb is added.

Im assuming the problem happend in this part?

my only suggestion is to confirm the IP of the device, also you can try pip install -U python-miio to update the library.

Another suggestion is to use the cloud option in miiocli to get the ip and the token, I will update the tutorial with this new step, make everything easier. here the example:

The simplest way to acquire the tokens is by using the miiocli cloud command, which fetches them for you from your cloud account using micloud:

miiocli cloud
Username: [email protected]
Password:

== name of the device (Device offline ) ==
    Model: example.device.v1
    Token: b1946ac92492d2347c6235b4d2611184
    IP: 192.168.xx.xx (mac: ab:cd:ef:12:34:56)
    DID: 123456789
    Locale: cn

Let me know if this helps

2 Likes

Thank you!

I had already set as static IP for the bulb in the router before trying to configure it in HA.

The point is each time you add the bulb to your Mi Home account, the token changes.
I had checked the token each time I remove from my account, but it does not work until the third time. I do not know why, because other conditions have not changed.

Is miocli cloud still working for you?

Mine errors out:

I ended up using this tool for the cloud token instead, worked perfectly in a few seconds :slight_smile: GitHub - Maxmudjon/Get_MiHome_devices_token: Get Mi Home devices token Windows/MacOS app.

Thank you so much, my Xiaomi bulbs working again ! :slight_smile:

Thank you!
You made my light work back again :wink:

Thank you so much! :wink:

Thank you! You saved my day… I used to follow the APK path, but doesn’t worth the trouble. Your solution works perfectly with the latest version of Mi Home app which is much much better on finding devices on the local network than the crap Yeelight… And enabling developer mode with these bulbs is really easy.

I cannot integrate my MI Smart LED XMBGDP01YLK.

After command :

miiocli yeelight --ip 192.168.1.xx --token MY_TOKEN set_developer_mode 1

My error :

ERROR:miio.miioprotocol:Got error when receiving: timed out
Error: No response from the device

Can you help me please ?

Hi, yes, do you know your IP? you set it like 192.168.1.xx. but you should but the IP of the device, use nmap or the fing app to see the Led IP and set it, also do you have the tocken? that is by using the app and the token extractor, let me know if you have another issue. the command is and exable, bou need to change it to the correct data, the IP and the token should be correct for it to work

Hi, Thank you for your reply.
Yes I know my IP and token. I copy same information.
I can ping my MI Smart LED.
Today, I changed IP adress. I have same error.
I use Get Mi Home devices token (W11) and miiocli cloud (linux) for get token

It’s Okay now !!!
When I changed Ip adress, I got a new token.
Thank you :wink:

Hi all, I was able to extract the IPs and tokens, however I got the following error

miiocli yeelight --ip 192.168.15.15 --token 1835dxxxxxxx off
Error: Unable to discover the device 192.168.15.15

edit:

Just confirming. you need to be in the same vlan/subnet