Integrate Sonoff Zigbee USB 3.0 Dongle with Home Assistant running inside a Kubernetes cluster

Hello, this is my first post here.

I have setup Home-Assistant in a Kubernetes cluster. In one of the nodes of the cluster I’ve plugged the dongle and I think it’s detected by the OS, because typing lsusb shows a new device:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 10c4:ea60 Silicon Labs CP210x UART Bridge

I went to my Home Assistant site via port forwarding. Nothing is auto-discovered (I get no notifications) so I selected a new integration: Zigbee Home Integration. But after that, I was lost.

My model is ZBDongle-P, and that’s all I can say. I can only add that the pod running Home Assistant is the same in which the dongle is connected.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks a lot!

I don’t know Kubernetes (but know libvirt/Qemu), goto HA’s UI->Settings->System->Hardware->All Hardware, do you see a ttyUSB0 (or USB1)?
If not, then the USB device is likely not getting passed through

1 Like

I fixed the problem. The pod I was using didn’t have the privileged: true attribute. With it, it was able to connect to the device. It was ttyUSB0 in my cluster node and mapped to the same nave in the pod.

Thanks a lot!

Network based coordinators are great in use-cases where you have clustering and don’t want to be bound to a single piece of compute. Check out UZG Gateway - ZigStar UZG.