Integrate TV Type(Input Select) into HomeKit component

Hello everyone,

I recently integrated the HomeKit component into Home Assistant and it works perfectly with the home app. I prefer this to Homebridge because it is easier for me and has more options to integrate devices into Home Assistant rather than finding a plugin for Homebridge. There are some plugins of Homebridge that I really love though and wish could be added to Home Assistant Homekit. There is a harmony component taking advantage of the new TV device type in iOS 12.2 and thought that this has a lot of potential to add to the HomeKit component of HA.

Basically with the new TV device we are able to select input and also add a new remote that has what I think is fixed commands that include Direction Up, Direction Down, Direction Left, Direction Right, Select, Info, Play/Pause and Back. It would be really cool if we could add input_select’s into the component with each item being an input of the TV device. It would be even better if we could get the remote working too with the remote component, or configuring an action for each set command under entity_config.

I am going to attempt to add this as a component type but I don’t have much experience and it might take some time. If anyone that had more experience is willing to help or create it themselves, that would be really cool too.

See the homebridge-harmony plugin here: https://github.com/nicoduj/homebridge-harmony

Here is a GIF showing the functionality:

Hi!

I found your post since i’m working on this exact thing. I’m also using the homebridge plugin by Nicoduj for years now and it has been serving me oh so well. But since I have a second Raspberry Pi running Homebridge next to my HASS installation, just to serve this plugin, I am looking into getting this behavior into HASS.

But i’m a bit stuck. I made a post about it here .

Did you figured this one out yourself all these years later? Any help would be so much appreciated!