Integrating Becker Motors in to Hassio

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to l integrate Becker blind engines in to Hassio, currently I am using Becker Centronic Easycontrol EC5410-II remote controls to operate them. Ideally I would be using some kind of transreceiver that runs on 868.3Mhz. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Your best bet is to buy the Becker Centronic USB Stick and use the following library.

Hi All
Do I have a chance to control blinds and skylights (Roto) based on Becker motors in Home Assistant using the mentioned Centronic stick and integration? Thanks!

This is your best bet. I had 100% success rate with my Becker roller shutters.

If you’re interested I have my usb-stick on sale because I no longer own Becker roller shutters.

Hello.
I’m interested about that centronic stick, if you haven’t sold it already.

I plan to integrate my Becker motors to Hassio…

Hello!

I just got a Centronic stick. Tried to integrate multiple ways, but no success.
First of all, the stick appears properly:
/dev/serial/by-id/usb-BECKER-ANTRIEBE_GmbH_B_MONITOR_v125-if00
Seems OK, except, that every online doc mentions different device name for the stick:
/dev/serial/by-id/usb-BECKER-ANTRIEBE_GmbH_CDC_RS232_v125_Centronic-if00
(eg. pybecker uses this in the code, so I modified it in the pybecker.py to match my device’s name.)

So I tried hass-becker-component, another try was pybecker and of course the base of these, centronic-py, but no luck with any of these…

The most verbose was the centronic-py code, which displayed the sent commands, etc.
I tried to pair (train) using the master transmitter as documented. (The master transmitter is a EC545-II remote controller…) Then checked the database, where the trained device showed some data (assume the train step was OK). but whenI tried to operate the blind, it didn’t move.
Is there some trick I missed, or what can be wrong?

Can anyone help me how to solve it? A step-by-step guide would be wonderful!!
Running the latest home assistant on Raspberry pi4

Thanks!

I bought a new centronic stick from Becker. It didn’t worked. A long trying lead to that I realised, that there are different stick on the market. The one I bought has “MONITOR” in it’s name - it’s a repeater basically, allows you to extend the network, but cannot be used to control anything. While trying with it, I could enable the bootloader mode of this stick, but cannot recover from it - it’s stucked in bootloader mode. Without the proper flashing utilities and the correct firmware, I cannot do anything with it - basically it’s bricked now…

Meanwhile I’ve bought the stick from Bas Roovers (Thank You friend!) - that helped me out, since this is an older stick, and worked fine with the scripts mentioned above…
But this stick’s name is "usb-BECKER-ANTRIEBE_GmbH_CDC_RS-232_Emulation_Cent-if00" - so it’s the third known version! - At least it’s working as expected…

There isn’t a good integration or custom component for Becker in HA, I plan to use the centronic-py script as command line integration, since this is the original script, and actively developed.
Maybe later I’ll try to make an integration, or custom component from it, but yet I don’t have the knowledge to do that… Also I think very few are using this relatively expensive system, and troublesome to get the right stick for the task, so I expect low demand for this integration.

Meanwhile Ole1986 is working on a stick-independent solution, and I plan to help him, if I can help somehow… so we’ll keep You informed, if something important happens.

–
F

Hi fredmoro!

Have you already managed to integrate and control the becker blinds with the centronic stick via the home assistant?

I can control the blinds using command line integration. I had no time to do anything with it.

You have a PN :wink:

I have done the integration in the home assistant and it works.
But there is a little problem.

First I paired the blinds with the stick via the pyserial python package.
I have 20 blinds, so i have to paired the channels 2:2, 2:3, 2:4…3:2,:3:3: 3:4…too.
After that I configured the configuration.yaml file in the home assistant as discribed here Configuration.
In the describtion ist the following text “Note: The channel needs to be a string!”.

After reboot it works with a little problem:
Only these blinds with only one channel nummer works…channel “1”, channel “2”,…
All Channels in the format “unit:channel” (channel “2:2”, channel “2:3”,…) not works.
In the terminal via command prompt all blinds works.
It seems that the home assistant not work with the channel format “2:3”, only with “1”, “2”,…

Have anyone a idea to solve the problem?

Hi guys, I find this topic very interesting, but it seems way above my skills even to pair my centronic blinds. I´m already out when the centronic-py readme says “Run the install.sh script”. How do I do that? Would be great if someone could write the necessary steps for dummies like me.

Hi Hector,

fredmoro once typed a little description:

I use raspberry pi 4 with home assistant ( Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (1 GB, 2 GB and 4 GB model) 32-bit )
But a pi 2 or 3 are fine too…

I’ve downloaded the whole repo: https://github.com/ole1986/centronic-py and unzipped to /config/custom_components/
Then from terminal (you should install a terminal client from home assistant addons. I use SSH & Web Terminal)
There you can run the sript, but first need to install the pyserial python package:
pip install pyserial
then you can run the script from terminal:
change dir to:
cd /config/custom_components/centronic-py-master
now follow the becker’s instructions for training second remote controller:
(on the old remote, select a channel that you want to operate with the “new remote” (= centronic stick). Now press and hold the train button on the remote till the blind will “click-clack” once)
then send the train command:
./centronic-stick.py --send TRAIN --channel 1:1
this trains channel device 1 channel 1… I had to give this command twice to be trained correctly. If the training is complete, the blind will “click-clack” twice

Meanwhile there is an improved integration available in HACS. Just search for “Becker”.
The repository is here:

1 Like

Hi,
I tried to install the Integration by copying the sources into the custom_integration folder. Do I have to tell the system that a new integration is installed? The service pair is not accepted.
Thx

I think it is required to add cover becker to your configuration.yaml first. See the readme for further information.
Anyway you need to add your covers to configuration.yaml. You could do this even before pairing them. But of course they are not working unless you pair them.

Works fine now… thx

Hi,

I am using Nicolas Berthels hass-becker-component for now. Is there a way to migrate to yours integration? Whats about my existing centronic-stick.db should I recreate it?

Thx in advance
Andreas

Hi Andreas,
The easiest way is to install the improved version is by using HACS and search for Becker. Or copying the files to the custom integration folder. There is no need to change the configuration.yaml file unless you want to use the new features. The db file will be re created in the config folder for all configured units. All configured units will be re-synchronized on boot by sending multiple stop command’s.
Rainer

Hello everybody and hello Rainer.

Thank you for this great contribution. Works perfectly so far. There is one special issues that I do not know how to solve (maybe since I have just started using Home Assistant).
I have an electric roof windows using Becker RF motors, which also have a rain detector that will close the window automatically as soon as water or rain is detected. So the position saved in Home Assistant does not match the actual window position. I have additionally installed a sensor for each window that will detect if the window is closed oder open.
So my question is: How can I combine both information? If the sensor says the window is closed (due to rain) then the window position needs to be set to 0. But if the sensor says the window is open then the position does not have to be updated.