Integrating GE Concord alarm system

In case you guys haven’t noticed, the silent and code options were integrated in the 0.92 update

I’ve got it running…works great. Now it’s time to to tie into some automatons.

I’m having issues getting concord232_client responses. Here is what is going on - I purchased a concord4 board to replace the concord4 board owned by a major company after we purchased this house. Added the SuperBus2000. After reconnecting everything, I left it unplugged and unconfigured for over a year.

Today I turned on the concord4 and decided to connect a Raspberry Pi 3+ with Ubuntu. Installed concord232 [sudo pip3 install concord232], plugged in the USB from the SuperBus2000 and ran “concord232_server --serial /dev/ttyUSB0 --debug --log concord.txt” which didn’t seem to spew any errors. (YAY!)

Yet, in a different ssh connection, I run “concord232_client summary” and the command didn’t return any results - had to control-C to exit.

So I stopped the debug output from concord232_server and ran “concord232_server --serial /dev/ttyUSB0”. Again things seem successful. It just prints a ton of ““GET /partitions HTTP/1.1” 200 -”

Again, in a different ssh connection, I run “concord232_client summary” and again the command didn’t return any results - had to control-C to exit.

Suggestions?

According to docs you need minimum Raspberry Pi 2 or greater to run Ubuntu successfully.

You could install Raspbian Stretch Lite instead and follow the GitHub instructions for Concord232 installation.

It is a Raspberry Pi 3+

Ubuntu is running smoothly. . . . concord232_server seems to be running fine as well. . . . Just the client isn’t responding. (I have 20+ years of Unix experience so that’s not an issue.) Python3 is running fine as well. . . .

I’m sure I saw Raspberry Pi B+ in your post. My bad.

I imagine it shouldn’t be much of an issue getting the concord232 running in Ubuntu with that level of experience.

As you say you have the server running. I assume you’ve checked the obvious like running the server in debug mode, changing USB port you are connecting to and Python version compatibility but I imagine you’ve done all that. Finally I assume you’ve checked that comms between your automation module and the Raspberry Pi are functioning correctly.

Myself and a few others here are running it via Raspbian without any issues.

(It did say “B+” mistakenly - LOL)

I think the issue is that the concord4 is new and not programmed. Is that a possibility?

I knew I wasn’t going crazy. Not yet anyway :angry:

I’ll assume you have you’re AM wired to the panel correctly. You’ll need to ensure that it is correctly enrolled on your system. If you don’t have a copy of this manual I suggest you read through it to help configure your panel correctly

This is a zip download of the RS232 protocol which will help identify different functions of your AM

http://old.homegenie.club:8080/www.homegenie.it/forum/GE-Concord%3DRS-232%3DProtocolacad.odt?action=dlattach;topic=1722.0;attach=2507

Finally this is a standalone client/server that will quickly help you troubleshoot your connection between the AM and your Raspberry Pi. It will fit nicely on to a low capacity SD card running Raspbian Stretch and it is a lot more sophisticated than concord232.

Thanks for the info. I copied the wiring exactly as it was previously on the working system. I also do have the manual. Thanks. I didn’t have the Automation Module Protocol document. AND I was actually just now installing the pre-req’s for concordd when I saw your response! How funny! Yeah - I’ll try that out. Thank you for all this info!

Yeah - Just like I thought:

sudo concordctl
concordctl:1> system
[
“panelType” => 20
“hwRevision” => 1793
“swRevision” => 9302
“serialNumber” => 4xxxxx
“acPowerFailure” => false
“acPowerFailureChangedTimestamp” => 0
]

concordctl:1> zone
0 zones total.

Yes it looks like your panel will need to be reconfigured. At least that concordd utility confirmed that.

I assume you have the installer code and the correct type of keypad to make the necessary changes.

I do.
Not a security programming person but think I know someone who is. . . . either that or Mr. YouTube to the rescue. Thanks again.

Once you have an alpha/numeric keypad the installer code and the installer manual programming the panel is a breeze.

I have both. Gathering my documents and tutorials so I can conquer this beast! :slight_smile:

Not sure what lighting and switching you use but the panel has built in support for X10 which works very nicely with HA and X10 modules can be picked up quite cheaply.

Old simple technology but relatively effective and works nicely with an analogue panel like the Concord 4.

Good way to get started in home automation without spending a fortune. :laughing:

1 Like

I run a ton of z-wave devices. In our previous house, integrating that alarm system with our z-wave controller and it provided a cool automation ability.

In this house we’re doing a similar model with the z-wave controller but added in HA to handle all the automation. When I added HA I decided to hook up the alarm THERE instead of to the z-wave controller. We’ve got a ton of switches, lights, plugs, motion sensors etc already in the system. Getting that concord4 added will be the icing on our already delicious cake.

I am trying to setup an automation to get HA to set my alarm in silent mode and can’t get the alarm to arm.

This is how I have it set in my config

- platform: concord232
    host: !secret concord232_IP
    mode: silent

How would I trigger it from the call service menu?
Do I need to have my alarm code in my configuration?

Code is optional.
Can’t you just call it by:
Service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_away
Entity Id:
alarm_control_panel.concord232
Not home to test right now, but I don’t see why that wouldn’t work.

Okay, i can arm it from the service menu, how can i arm it silently.

I would’ve thought it would arm silent if you had it in the config. I’ll check it when I get home.