Integrating GE Concord alarm system

I have programmed a new component that gives the option of defining a code(Optional) in configuration.yaml and also allows for setting a mode(Optional) (audible/silent) that gives the option of keeping the alarm panel silent when using ARM HOME. The new component wont break any existing implementations and current behavior will be the same if the additional options are not configured.

alarm_control_panel:
  - platform: concord232
    host: !secret alarmpanel_ip
    code: !secret alarmpanel_code
    mode: silent

Now I just have to figure out how to submit it :wink: Works great on my end.

1 Like

Silent arming would be an amazing option.

I also found the error causing the log error about the same sensor being added multiple times. I have submitted a pull request for both.

1 Like

0.91.3 released today fixes the bug adding the same sensor multiple times.
0.92 will ad the new features when it’s out.

Just updated to 91.3…no more multiple sensor errors…awesome work.

1 Like

Would you like to share that code here. I’d be interested to see what changes you made to the base code.

The changes to fix the bug or implementing the additional features?

If we are talking about the added features:

If you want the functionality to remain the way it is now, just don’t change your config and everything will stay the same.

The Bug fix was much simpler:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/22866/files

Both actually but you’ve done that. Thanks.

The added features have been accepted into Dev, so I’m guessing they will come out with 0.92

Nice to see a bit of work being done on this. It’s been a while since there’s been any enhancements.

Still no change made to the scan_intetval of 10 seconds. I’m still manually updating this with every upgrade.

I’ll look into being able to override this in the config so you don’t have to change the code.

Yes as soon as I upgraded to v0.91.2 I noticed the change in folders where everything is stored in its own folder, in the case of the concord232 it’s now in /concord232.

I’ll look at your mods to the base code later. Did you find the GEConcord RS232 protocol document useful.

Yes, that’s part of what they call “the great migration”.
Are you changing the base code or adding a custom_component overriding the base code?
For some reason my custom_component override stopped overriding in the upgrade where they completed the great migration. For a while you could do it either way and it worked fine.
I am using the new structure, but ended up having to give Concord232 another name.

I had come across the document previously, but I didn’t quite find what I needed and eventually decided it was better to do the verification in HA to avoid the lag you referenced.

It’s highly unlikely there’ll be any further work done on this component so it will be important to keep an eye on it in light of the recent changes in HA and what might be coming down the line.

No I just edit the base code locally and run it from there.

When I get to a computer I’ll have a look at your changes. Well done for trying to enhance its usability. It would be nice to get an idea how many other HA users use the Concord security panel automation module.

ConcordGE, You actually don’t have to edit the code. It is already possible to override the scan_interval via the config.
Just write the following in your configurator.yaml file:

binary_sensor:
  - platform: concord232
    host: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    scan_interval: 1
1 Like

I just found it easier to edit the code locally but of course it could easily be included in the concord232 binary sensor platform as you suggest.

Great to see the log free of the binary sensor discovery errors in v0.91.3. Stops the SD card getting hammered with unnecessary writes.

Still haven’t had an opportunity to examine your code edits re the alarm code entry for arming/disarming. I probably won’t need that function but it has given me a few other ideas on possible future enhancements.

The advantage of doing it in the config file is that you only have to do it once and not mess with it every time HA is updated.

Would love to hear what ideas you have. Maybe I could include them next time.

Of course. As soon as I get back to HA I’ll play around with some ideas.