Integrating Home Assistant with Xiaomi 4K TV Stick on iiyama ProLite T2252MSC-W2 Touchscreen: Touch Functionality Issues

Hello Home Assistant Community,

I’m working on integrating Home Assistant through a Xiaomi 4K TV Stick onto an iiyama ProLite T2252MSC-W2 touchscreen, aiming to create an interactive smart home control panel.

Background:

• Home Assistant Core Version: 2024.3.3
  • Supervisor Version: 2024.03.1
  • Operating System Version: 12.1
  • Frontend Version: 20240307.0

Hardware involved: Xiaomi 4K TV Stick and iiyama ProLite T2252MSC-W2 touchscreen monitor.

What I’ve Done and Encountered:

Initially, I connected the Xiaomi TV Stick to the iiyama monitor via HDMI and attempted to power the Stick through the monitor’s USB port. However, this setup led to repeated rebooting of the Stick, presumably due to insufficient power supply from the USB port.

Switching the Stick’s power source to its original charger resolved the startup issue, suggesting the monitor’s USB port couldn’t deliver adequate power.

Regarding touch functionality, it’s my understanding that both HDMI and a USB connection are required for the iiyama touchscreen to function. Recommendations to use a Firewire/PC cable were noted, but this ends in a standard USB connector, which doesn’t fit the TV Stick’s configuration (HDMI and Micro-USB ports). I’m contemplating whether Bluetooth connectivity might be a viable alternative for this setup.

Seeking Advice:

Has anyone successfully implemented touch controls with a TV Stick running Home Assistant on a touchscreen monitor, specifically the iiyama ProLite T2252MSC-W2? How were the power and data connections managed?

Are there particular settings or configurations on the Xiaomi TV Stick or adjustments on the iiyama monitor that I should consider enabling touch interactions?

Could utilizing Bluetooth connectivity Text nnectivity offer a solution to the connection challenge, and if so, how could this be set up effectively?

Your insights, suggestions, or any advice based on your experiences would be greatly appreciated. I’m eager to make this project successful and look forward to your support.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

Rob