Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

I tried, ping is working fine. I’m reading the complete forum, do I have to connect the dongle with a cable or can it be wireless?
I modified the IP to a fixed adress: 192.168.1.2
ping from HA works fine, also tried cabled network, no change, still not able to connect. Could it has something to do with the firmware version of the dongle? PC127?
My inverter model is: SUN2000-5KTL-M0
Also tried different slave versions. My config is:

- platform: huawei_solar   
    host: 192.168.1.2
    optimizers: false
    battery: false
    slave: 1
    port: 6607       

is it correct that I also not see the sensor integration if it does not connect? Below my log information.

2022-02-15 23:05:18 WARNING (MainThread) [pymodbus.client.asynchronous.async_io] Failed to connect: [Errno 111] Connect call failed ('192.168.1.2', 6607)
2022-02-15 23:05:19 DEBUG (MainThread) [pymodbus.client.asynchronous.async_io] Waiting 200 ms before next connection attempt.
2022-02-15 23:05:19 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Subscribing to tasmota/discovery/#, mid: 3
2022-02-15 23:05:19 DEBUG (MainThread) [pymodbus.client.asynchronous.async_io] Connecting.
2022-02-15 23:05:19 ERROR (MainThread) [huawei_solar.huawei_solar] failed to connect to device, is the host correct?
NoneType: None
2022-02-15 23:05:19 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.huawei_solar.sensor] could not connect to Huawei inverter: failed to connect to device, is the host correct?
2022-02-15 23:05:19 WARNING (MainThread) [pymodbus.client.asynchronous.async_io] Failed to connect: [Errno 111] Connect call failed ('192.168.1.2', 6607)
2022-02-15 23:05:19 DEBUG (MainThread) [pymodbus.client.asynchronous.async_io] Waiting 400 ms before next connection attempt.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction, have no clue what to do more.

I used a tool to scan ports, and there seems not to be an open port on the IP address, what to do?

Starting Nmap 7.92 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2022-02-15 23:41 West-Europa (standaardtijd)

Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.2

Host is up (0.021s latency).

All 1000 scanned ports on 192.168.1.2 are in ignored states.

Not shown: 1000 closed tcp ports (reset)

MAC Address: CC:05:77:BE:97:4B (Huawei Technologies)

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 2.21 seconds

I have SUN2000-6KTL-M0 so a very close to you :slight_smile:
I am using SPC141 for inverter and 127 for dongle and I have a working TCP/Modbus connection using dongle and internal wifi.

I will repeat @wlcrs question: did you enabled TCP modbus port in inverter config?

This is my config, so Modbus is configured, but still no open port on the IP adres

Hello, but how to do it exactly, because i have this king of repetitor. Where is the ethernet port on the inverter? Could you please help me?? So many thks!!

GREAT THANKS to the help of this wonderful comunity I finally managed my two inverters to work (slaves: 1,16 btw). I can see now both inverters ( SUN2000-5KTL-L1 + SUN2000-3.68KTL-L1 + Power Meter). My installer company gave me (a consumer) “installer rights” and I could easily upgrade the SDongleA-05 to the right software version as per integration instructions. I must confess the integration is “not dead” by any means. It was clearly an exageration :slight_smile: . I have also see many creative ways to connect the dongle eventhough the port were not visible from the HA LAN with the latest firmware update. I did not try it, but suposedly this simple Amazon $20 device can make the connection (although i have not tested it). Will try to give back some support to the community with all the learning I got

1 Like

There is no ethernet port on the inverter.
The wr802 is a client device so it is connected via wifi to SUN2000xxx wireless network (the network generally used for “maintenance” purpose).
When the wr802 act as a client, the ethernet port becomes a bridge and all the wifi traffic is routed to its lan.
In order to route all the messages correctly, your main network must be able to handle VLAN.
If this is not possible, you have to change all the ip address in order to enter in the same subnet of Huawei.
Maybe this picture can help (VLAN 10 is my main net and VLAN200 is Huawei).

This seems how you get the correct data :

This applies to Daily, Monthly, Yearly and Total data.

Apparently you can’t get TCP working only over the smart dongle on the latest FW SPC117 (and on) according to Huawei EU support this morning, and as I don’t currently have that enabled (not got an installer account, waiting for my installer to change the config), is there any way to get the SUN inverter working with OpenAPI credentials?

I’ve got the OpenAPI creds, and can connect using postman or firefox webtools, but I can’t get it to work with Node Red or the RESTful add-ons on HA. Any thoughts?

Just connect to the Wifi of the inverter and then use the Sun2000 app to connect to the inverter. The default installer password is “00000a”. If you can login using this password then you can enable Modbus TCP under the communication options. Then it also works with the V117 firmware.

Hello, I’m new in the HA world.

The installation of the Huawei Solar 0.5.1 was successful. (Thanks for the great implementation work !)

I wanted to update to the Beta version 1.0.0a3 and that was not a success.
I followed the following steps:

• Huawei Solar uninstalled in the configuration
  • Huawei Solar removed in the HACS
  • Firefox Cookies cleared
  • HA restarted
    Then install the Version 1.0.0a3 in HACS and when I try to add it in the Configuration>Integration there I get the Error "Config flow could not be loaded [object Object]

I’ve tried many times but this Error message is coming back.

I’m running HA on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS.

Does someone know what I’m doing wrong?

Thx

Try to empty your browser cache and reload the page.

Done but still the same Error

HACS is on the latest version?

Hi, so you don’t use sdongle at all?

How can be checked and configured this assertion?

Ok, so can i connect the wr802 in wifi to the inverter but in lan to a mesh repetitor wifi instead of directly the router?

Can you post the Home Assistant logs containing the real underlying error message + your Home Assistant System Health ? Feel free to make an issue on the GitHub project containing all this information.

No I have no sdongle at all.

You can try to search info about your network manufacture.
For example, I have only Unifi stuff (USG, switch, Ap-Lr) and I can create/handle VLAN.
IMHO, if you can create different network from your router you are able to handle VLAN.
(this is my network page with 2 different network)

Another option (not tested) is to change your DHCP range in order to enter in the 192.168.200.xx range for example192.168.200.10/24

I think yes because the mesh network should be an “extension” of the main network (same subnet with a central DHCP server).
My suggest is to try step by step:

• Configure wr802 in client mode
  • Connect it to your pc
  • Test ping and port 6607 (nmap)
  • Connect to you main network and test again

Hi don’t know exactly how (I’m not a network expert) but i think this can be done also with cheap Gl.inet device since it have opewrt onboad. Am I wrong?