Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

In new firmware could be changed port from 502 to 6607. And you can try also GitHub - wlcrs/huawei_solar: Home Assistant integration for Huawei Solar inverters via Modbus it’s better optimized to get data from inverter. If you want to stay with EmilV2 try to add port

sensor:
  - platform: huawei_solar   
    host: '192.168.0.123'
    port: 6607

I’ve just tried changing the port from 502 to 6607 with wlcrs’ integration. No luck for me.
But that might just be my inverter disappearing spontaneously as it does.
I’ll try again tomorrow.

Do you have access to inverter from fusionsolar app? And are you connected to huawei internal AP or to smart dongle? If you are reading data from smart dongle what firmware do you have in it? If smart dongle was updated and inverter, you should have new option in inverter settings to enable unrestricted access to smart dongle.

I have access to the Fusion Solar app. it’s still receiving updates from the inverter.
I access it i belive via the internal AP. The 4G/FE USB3 port is unpopulated on the inverter.

there’s a newest version for the MBUS: the SPC323

Just buy a cheap rs485 to WiFi adaptor and connect it to pin 1/2 on the inverter, now you can use modbus TCP with less than 10$ of additional hardware costs

1 Like

Tried defining the port and even changing it to one of the two as well as setting the slave, but no luck.
Any ideas how to check the dongle version? Can’t find it anywhere in the app.

I don’t even have the option in the app for turning on ModBus as per other posts.

Are we really left to having to buy the smart dongle, and not use the integrated WiFi?

Just tried using the wlcrs integration too and get an error it can’t connect.

Have that, seems to make no difference to being able to connect. Wonder if should downgrade that also?

Still no joy this morning for me on port 6607.
I’ve not downgraded anything however.
Thought I’d simply try again today.

Seem to be in the same boat, whatever update has happened, on the inverter, or the modbus and revoked access on the built-in WiFi it seems.

Quick question:
My SUN2000-5KTL-L1 inverter is reporting ~120V under Phase A voltage. Is this a bug, since I’m in a 220V region?
I’m using the integration developed by @wlcrs .

this integration took me a lot longer then expected, nothing to do with the integration itself but with getting modbus active on the inverter. It looked so easy but it’s not.

i have a smart dongle-fe connected with a cable to the internet. that dongle had a green led continuous on, telling me it has a good connection but that isn’t enough. it also needs to be detected in the fusion solar backend or huawei server. For me only my inverter was visible and it was offline after i inserted the dongle.
When i connected through the AP in the inverter it tells me it is connected to the huawei server.
At this point i contactied huawei but that was not a big help.

The solution was to go online on the installer his account, delete my inverter, re-add it.
this would make the dongle and inverter go online on the fusion solar website.
Then i updated them to the latest versions.

I activated modbus as described in manual but did not get any connection, i needed to power cycle the inverter to get modbus activated.

So after 7 days it is all working, I hope this can help anyone else with this problem.

1 Like

I have this integration working. I have a power meter, a Luna2000 battery with 10 kWh batteries and a SUN2000-6KTL-L1 single-phase inverter along with solar panels on my roof.

• The sensor.power_meter_active_power shows a positive value when exporting to the grid, and a negative value when importing from the grid.

• The sensor.battery_charge_discharge_power shows a positive value when charging the battery, and a negative value when discharging the battery.

• The sensor.inverter_input_power shows the power coming in via the solar panels on my roof (I understand this entity is pre-conversion loss, so needs a template to reduce it a bit which I have already incorporated).

I am wondering if anyone has managed to calculate the energy consumed in the house (i.e. energy that is not sent to grid, not being used to charge the battery - just energy that is being used the house - be it from solar, grid) from these entities?

I am having a lot of trouble figuring out exactly how to set up the tesla-style-solar-power-card by reptilex. I previously had this working with another brand of inverter, however that was a fronius and the integration tells me how much energy is coming in via solar, how much is being used in the house, and how much is being fed back/imported from the grid.

I’ve been at it for a few hours now and not really making much progress. I wonder if I am missing something? Something simple? This has turned out to be far more complicated than it seemed at first glance. Maybe my approach is wrong? Any insights appreciated.

1 Like

I have the same issue, it was working before (connection directly to the SUN2000 AP), but stopped working since a few days, did you manage to get it working again?

I’ve ended up ordering the smart wifi/fe dongle.
Oh well, hopefully it will provide my stats more reliably. the integrated AP was patchy at best for me.
I’m planning on wiring it up if possible.

1 Like

I’m struggeling with the calculation of my “real” daily solar energy production.
The calculated energy values are too high. The current power production values seem to be correct, they are the same at every point of time; in the Fusion Solar Portal and in Home Assistant.
Huawei Portal shows me 4.26 kWh of yield energy for yesterday.

4.26 kWh: Fusion Solar Portal
2022-12-19 08_25_24-Monitoring

5.46 kWh: Calculated daily solar energy with energy_calc integration (GitHub - KoljaWindeler/energy_calc: A custom integration for Homeassistant that provides an overview about solar power usage)

5.53 kWh: Riemann sum calculated solar produced energy and daily value with Utility Meter

# Sensor: Riemann sum calculation of solar energy
- platform: integration
  name: "pv energy"
  unique_id: pv_energy
  source: sensor.pv_power
  unit_prefix: k
  round: 2
  # Utility Meter: Daily produced energy
  pv_energy_daily:
  source: sensor.pv_energy
  cycle: daily

So I have two different values for daily solar production in Home Assistant and every single value is too high compared with the value in Huawei Portal.

1 Like

Using a pen wifi with Home assistant (jnsted of built in wifi ) for the past 3 days and running fine!!!

Hi everyone,

I’ve started my journey with HA a couple of weeks ago, so far so good.

I’m struggling to integrate my Huawei inverter SUN2000-6KTL-L1 which has the smart dongle installed.
It’s connected successfully to the Huawei cloud
I can ping the dongle WIFI (192.168.8.218) from the docker container where the HS is installed.
I have asked my installer to upgrade the dongle firmware, which ends with SPC125.
The firmware of the inverter is V200R001C00SPC125.
I have accessed to the inverter AP (192.168.1.200) and I used the SUN2000 App to enable the Modbus-TCP.

Still the HS integration is not able to connect to the inverter at 192.168.8.218, I tried both 6607 and 502 ports. I understood it’s not mandatory to use the inverter AP because the dongle can provide Modbus-TCP as well, but apparently it’s not yet for me. Should I reboot the inverter?

thank if you can provide some insight
PF

The logs:
Aborting client creation due to error.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 157, in create
await huawei_solar._initialize()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 120, in _initialize
self.time_zone = (await self.get(rn.TIME_ZONE)).value
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 254, in get
return (await self.get_multiple([name], slave))[0]
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 296, in get_multiple
response = await self._read_registers(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 389, in _read_registers
result = await _do_read()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/backoff/_async.py”, line 151, in retry
ret = await target(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 354, in _do_read
raise ConnectionException(message)
huawei_solar.exceptions.ConnectionException: Modbus client is not connected to the inverter.

Logger: huawei_solar.huawei_solar
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py:353
First occurred: 15:33:44 (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 15:40:25

Modbus client is not connected to the inverter.

Logger: pymodbus.client.asynchronous.async_io
Source: runner.py:120
First occurred: 15:33:44 (82 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:07:15

• Failed to connect: [Errno 111] Connect call failed (‘192.168.8.218’, 6607)
  • Failed to connect: Multiple exceptions: [Errno 111] Connect call failed (’::1’, 6607, 0, 0), [Errno 111] Connect call failed (‘127.0.0.1’, 6607)
  • Failed to connect: [Errno 111] Connect call failed (‘192.168.8.218’, 502)
  • Failed to connect: Multiple exceptions: [Errno 111] Connect call failed (’::1’, 502, 0, 0), [Errno 111] Connect call failed (‘127.0.0.1’, 502)

Have to keep me posted, see if it works, and I will order in the new year.