Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

@JustDoingSomething
I did af reset of the installer password with success.
I followed this guide: Video Resetting Distributed Solar Inverter Password - YouTube

yeah okay.
It is weird. restarting HA doesnā€™t resolve it for me.
Iā€™ve reset the WiFi connection in the past when it happens. It takes about 30 minutes or so to reappear as a connected client. Otherwise I simply have to wait for it come back from its walkaboutā€¦
So I guess itā€™s the inverter if itā€™s happening to other peopleā€¦

restart hardware (donā€™t know what you did)

Config ā†’ system ā†’ hardware ā†’ 3 dots ā†’ restart server

iā€™ve installed the last beta and for now, no problems

Hi guys;

I am having this error. Connected via network. Any ideas? error

It was loosing the wifi connection was disconnecting. Looks lile it is working ā€¦
LetĀ“s see

Hello, Iā€™m finalizing the purchase of a new solar system with a Huawei 3-phase hybrid inverter. Iā€™m a bit confused about the required hardware needed to be able to get solar production, house energy consumption and grid energy consumption/injection in ha. I see the inverter can communicate via an rs485 interface or an optional WLAN dongle. Iā€™ve also noticed that a ā€˜smart meterā€™ could be purchased as an option.

Is the huawei smart meter giving same info as Shelly 3em ?
Can I connect directly to the inverter with an openwrt router without buying the wifi dongle (is the dongle only required to add a second wifi interface in client mode to connect to home network) ?

for my understanding:
if i buy a HUAWEI SUN2000-6KTL-M1 with the huawei dongle and i got no battery, i can integrate the sun2000 via wifi (cloudservice?) to home assistant and i got REALtime data of my produced energy on the roof?

1. huawei smart meter
    Is necessary if you have a battery system but optional if you donā€™t
    Yes, it gives you the same informations provided by shelly 3em.
  2. The SDongle is also optional, and yes, you can connect to the inverter withouth it. See here for more informations connecting to the inverter
1 Like

why use the cloud service ? you can do, but you cannot have the realtime data. see the post above and check the link.
you can have realtime data with wifi dongle (but not trough cloud services = fusion solar)

Continue to have problems ā€¦ most of the time my HA does not detect the wifi of the inverter but only the access points, The inverter is very close so no signal strength problems. Need probably to go for serial connection :frowning:

check if there is another equipment connected the inverter wifi

i had a tablet that was connecting to it and had the same issue

as soon iā€™ve ā€œforgotā€ the inverter wifi on the tablet, problem solved

Thank you ā€¦
No, nothing connected. Since yesterday it is connected ā€¦ lets see. If not I need to try and connect via usb.

Iā€™ve some problem connecting my system to HA. My setup is:

2x sun 2000 5kw 3 phases
1 dongle A05
1 power meter
3x 15 kWh batteries (2 on inverter-1, and 1 on inverter-2)

With WiFi, connection is not stable, so Iā€™m trying with USB serial adapter.

Someone could help me to connect the pins? the layout and the plug is different from github guide (Iā€™ve the tho inverter chianed)

This is the picture of my connector on the first inverter

Schermata 2022-12-11 alle 18.47.35

What bin do I use to plug the USB serial adaptor? I try with 2 and 4 but it doesnā€™t work (and also the app FusionSolar stop to work,)

Thanks!

Come back to this thread after a while away, was going to ask one simple question but now I have two, so would appreciate some replies and comments to these:

1. What integration is everyone using now? Been using the Emilv2 for over a year without issue, but should I swap to wlcrs/huawei_solar? The integration seems a bit tighter with HA and has everything in the panel.
  2. Looking at a battery now, can HA control whether to use the battery or not? E.g. when my car is charging I donā€™t want to use the battery as it will drain far to quickly (and wouldnā€™t cover it anyway).

Thanks all :slight_smile:

@seanmccabe
Iā€™m using the wlcrs one and works like charm.
I donā€™t know how is the Emilv2ā€™s integration, but here you can switch to three different battery mode: TOU, MaxSelfCons and Fully Fed to the Grid.
Ideally you can accomplish your idea if you set through FusionSolar one (or more) TOU charge segment.
Then with home assistant automation change from MaxSelfCons to TOU if car is charging, and go back to selfcons if car stop charging.
Be aware that in TOU mode the toggle ā€œcharge from gridā€ is functional. You can avoid charging batteries from grid in two mode: switch off the toggle or set ā€œgrid charge max powerā€ to 0W.

Itā€™s been offline from HA for 1.5 days so far at the moment.
Weird.
Fusion Solar is connected and is reporting just fine.
Iā€™ve turned my WiFi power down to low thinking perhaps the signal was too strong, it was stable for over a week, but now itā€™s gone again.
sigh pretty frustrating.

Awesome, thanks so much for your input there, really helpful :slight_smile:

Weird, mine has gone offline too for no apparent reason. Are you using the EmilV2 integration?

At the moment wlcrs.
Have used Emilv2 in the past. Similar experience from memory (but not used it recently).

Not the integration then, the latest firmware update?
Saw there was going to be one, wonder if it took effect and its fā€™d the Modbus functionality?