Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

yes go to Settings - Device & Services - in the Huawei solar box click entities click the cog and then you can change name -

Hello,

is there any way to use the SDongle (in order to get the performance Data into the cloud/App) and Modbus RTU at the same time?

If not: I suppose that the network bridge to the Inverter-Internal-Wifi will not be sufficient to get the performance data into the cloud/app, right?

Any other idea?

Best regards,
Hendrik

Hi all,

i just got a Huawei Plant installed at my house and having trouble to get my inverter connected to ma HA.

The following hardware is installed:

• HA on RPi4
  • Inverter HUAWEI SUN2000 10KTL-M1
  • Battery HUAWEI LUNA2000
  • Dongle HUAWEI SDongleA-05 (FW 125) connceted via Lan to Router
  • HUAWEI Power Smart Meter

the Dongle has a static IP allocated by me but i dont get any connection in the integration.

I dont have any installer access, so no access to parameters or settings i guess.

What is the best way to get my integration working, if you could choose free?

Thanks in advance

Hi All

Any one used this service.

Hi.
Any solution for cascaded inverters, to appear in HA?
Right now only the Master inverter and SmartMeter (2 devices are detected, instead of 3, thru Dongle/ModbusTCP), are visible in HA, using Huawei Solar integration.
Thanks!

From what I have read so far, it is not possible to use the dongle if one uses Modbus RTU. But maybe someone has figured out a way to do this.

I’m currently using the Dongle together with two LAN to Wifi bridges connecting to the two internal APs of my two inverters. This used to work perfectly until the end of last year. But now I get frequent Modbus connection errors with the integration. Very annoying. So I would also love to switch to Modbus RTU, but since I’m running a setup with cascaded inverters, I (unfortunately) have to use the dongle.

@ffm777 Carlo, are you able to read informations/registers from both cascaded inverters?

Yes. If you use the Dongle, then you have to find out the correct IDs of both inverters. This is not always 1 and 2. In my case it was 1 and 16.

If you use LAN to Wifi bridges to connect to each inverter’s access point, then you need to setup the integration twice. One for each inverter (with each inverter having its own LAN to Wifi bridge and IP address).

@ffm777 Testing with QModMaster and WiFi dongle, looks like I also have IDs 1 and 16, but I don’t know how can I add the other slaveID 16 in HA.

See here:

1 Like

what do you guys think is the “best” way to connect the inverter to HA? best means: fast communication and short intervals, failsafe, user friendly etc.

Hi papamzor, I’m in the same situation. From main network I’m able to ping 192.168.200.2 (bridge) but not 192.168.200.1 (sun2000).

Did you solve in some way?

Hi, I’m approaching on these days this world, but I could give you my feedback:

• the most user friendly way is if you have the installer password or if the installer could turn on the O&M and Modbus TCP to your local network. In this way you should be able to see immediately all what you need from HA.
  • If you don’t have the above information, another very user friendly way, but also poor way (particularly poor if you have a battery, because in this way you’ll not see nothing about the battery status) is the KIOSK link obtained from the fusion website. You can use fusion integration in HA.
  • The third way, that I’m running, is to create a bridge between the SUN2000 installer network and your local network. In this way your HA with an ip address like 192.168.1.XXX will communicate with the SUN2000 installer network with ip 192.168.200.1. This isn’t the user friendly way and it require some additional hardware and some networking knowledge. And I’m missing on this latest point…ops…

Thanks for the info. I dont have the installer password. they changed it from default to whatever. so i need to ask them for the PW or to unlock it for me “on air”. doubt they will :frowning:

can i somehow force installer mode? like reset PW or something like that?

Hi Andre,

Nope still struggling with this. No idea what I’m doing wrong, at this point I’m contemplating wiping everything I set up and starting with a clean slate!

Hi papamzor,

SPOILER: read till the end, this is a happy ending story!

PREMISE: I know that for skilled people of for whom already did, it seems all so simple. But to me it wasn’t so simple :sweat_smile:

At the end I’m able to put the inverter in the network by following the same method of dados1988:

In the HA Huawai Integration (downloaded from HACS) I put the IP of the bridge Tp-Link Tl-Wr802N :6607, and it successfully redirects the connection to 192.168.200.1:6607

Compared to dados1988 I’ve just change ip to my network: 192.168.1.146
And of course I’ve insert SN and MAC of my inverter.
Honestly, initially it didn’t connecting to the inverter (from the web interface of the Tp-Link Tl-Wr802N, under “overview” menu, it shows disconnected from S2000) . I had do connect it via the web interface. After that I’ve placed again the config parameters via WINSCP. Rebooted the Tp-link, and the connection works well.
But… see the picture below :frowning:

I don’t know why, but I was supposing that in this process it doesn’t need to apply any password. My fault…!
Without choosing “elevated permissions” I can acquire only power and voltage (not the battery status information)

EDIT: Wait wait wait, real time update!

There were like 3 entities disabled, with “like-not-useful” description, but once activated magically it shows more than 50 active entities :star_struck:

See picture:

Tip: For a windows user like me it was tricky to set-up openwrt, but I’ve found useful the application “winscp”, which permits to modify the setting files without use the command line! Once opened the connection you have just to go throw the folders and copy/paste the setting described by dados1988 (just modify something according with your network 192.168.1.146 SN and MAC of my inverter)

If you need help I could you give you more information… not that I’ve the all in my mind :slight_smile:

I think that the principal problem is that inverver doesn’t always export port 6607. When port 6607 not exported, I am not able to login by fusion app with installer credential. The only solution is turn off inverter.
This is my history of port(6607) availability:

But router ping is alwais available:

For example now port is not available and I’m not able to login with phone how “installer”… but the inverter is connected with openwrt router:

@andrix have you the same problem? Did you fixed channel on inverter wifi network?

Hey, Has any one been able to activate zero export limit. I often get stuck paying to export power to grid be cause spot price hits zero:(

Posted this elsewhere, but realised this might be a better place to ask:
My LUNA2000 battery (2 modules of 5kwh) through the Huawei integration shows a total charge value of 277,817.51 kWh. Meanwhile my total discharge value is 398.91 kWh. The FusionSolar app only seems to show each battery’s discharge value, not the total charge value. Would this be a bug or an error from my part?

Bit of context: this is a newly installed battery (few days old). I’m worried I haven’t been given a new battery, although the discharge value puts my mind a bit at ease, that maybe this is just a bug in the integration. Any ideas? :confused: Thanks!

That’s a huge difference.
I have a similar system, 2x5kWh batteries. The integration is reporting a total charge of 1,962.6 kWh and 1,962.6 kWh for discharge. The fusion solar app is showing 1.96MWh charge and 1.95MWh discharge, with battery one charge 980.29kWh and battery two having 971.82kWh charge.