Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

What does the toggle switch inverter on/off actually do? After an offsignal, does it stay connected in ha?
Today i had a really strange issue. This morning no pv power was generated. pv was connected, grid ok. Locking status: locked. Inverter status: standby: initializing. And it was stuck on those until i did a full restart with the dc and ac switches. Maybe an off/on from ha does also solve this issue.
Strange, never had that issue before.

Hi i am suddenly getting this error and cannot connect anymore

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: pymodbus.logging
Source: custom_components/huawei_solar/init.py:87
Integration: Huawei Solar
First occurred: 11:11:17 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:11:17

Failed to connect:

And this

Logger: pymodbus.logging
Source: runner.py:179
First occurred: 11:11:30 (8 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:16:54

Failed to connect:

What can be the trigger of that it has worked flawlessly until a week ago

I understand why my SUN2000-6KTL-L1 sometimes doesn’t export the port on the openwrt router.
The inverter is connected to a router A to communicate with fusionsolar.huawei.com. And it is connected to openwrt router B to export port 6607.
When I connect another device in the network, then the inverter disconnects from router A(and then also to router B openwrt).
When it reconnects to router A it can take several minutes (if not hours) before re-exporting the 6607 port to router B.
The strange thing is that on router A it performs several dhcp transactions (all of them are successful)… but one should be enough.
After it resolves from dns “intl.fusionsolar.huawei.com” (90.84.191.21) and after many tcp packets (between them) are retransmitted due to ACK failure.
Others having the same problem? How to fix?

P.S.

1. I have already checked my dhcp server… and inverter ip is not duplicated.
  2. sometimes this server(intl.fusionsolar.huawei.com) is not reachable from others machines outsite my network.

This is my traffic:

2 Likes

Why you are using openwrt and increase complexity on your setup?

My SUN2000-6KTL-M1 with FE-Dongle is connected to:

a) FE-Dongle, which is connected via cable to my internet router (FritzBox)
- using DHCP and part of my homenetwork (e.g. 192.168.168.1)
- used for FusionSolar only
b) SUN2000-6KTL is connected via WLAN also to my internet router
- using DHCP and part of my homenetwork (e.g. 192.168.168.2)
- used for HA only by the usage of Modbus TCP

Previously I’ve used a) the Dongle for both (FusionSolar and Modbus TCP), but with recurrent Modbus disconnects because of competing queries. No big surprise …

After the segregation by introducing b) everthing is working fine. The only thing is to connect the inverter directly via WLAN to your homenetwork => no openwrt required on my end.

You need to reinstall the integration.
I have done the exercise without any trouble - No data loss.

If you have the installer password, you will have a lot of additional functions to control interactions with your battery, which is an fantastic improvement.

1 Like

Warning:

If you update HA to version 2023.5.x you will run into the following issue/bug:

Integration - Riemann sum integral: Value Graph is broken

2023.5.4 is not resolving this issue:

My set-up is properly working, but I’m curious about your answer… That I didn’t understand.

This is my set-up. The inverter works in two networks:

Network A- Local network client: obtained with the dongle, and it is used for FusionSolar usage. Inverter IP: 192.168.1.XXX. To have on this network the sensor status via ModbusTCP on the port 6607 of the dongle you need to activate it in the inverter’s setting, but you need Installer access.

Network B- Installer network: AP with SSID: ‘SUN2000-HVXXXXXXXX’. Inverter IP: 192.168.200.1
Used for installer purpose, and as default it communicate sensor status via Modbus TCP

We (me and also dado) are using a Tp-Link Tl-Wr802N as bridge from network A to the network B, where is working the home assistant device.

I didn’t understand how you bypassed this issue.

PS: the hardware cost of what I’ve described (the Tp-Link Tl-Wr802N) is 25€… not a lot.
PPS: I’m working without installer password, and it works well. I know myself and I prefer to do not have so sensible commands in HA… I agree with the last sentence in your comment above about the password reset :slight_smile:

Hi there, could you please explain, what your Tp-Link Tl-Wr802N is exactely doing? If I understand you correctly, you have installed the dongle FE and conncted it to your local WiFi. Why is there another network necessary? Is there no way to connect HA to the Huawei Fusion App just with the FE dongle? Thanks, BR JJ

Hi Dave, the answer is here “Network A- Local network client: obtained with the dongle, and it is used for FusionSolar usage. Inverter IP: 192.168.1.XXX. To have on this network the sensor status via ModbusTCP on the port 6607 of the dongle you need to activate it in the inverter’s setting, but you need Installer access.”

Anyway, someone which have installer password still had some issues:

Thanks for your explanation - is this only needed cause you have TWO inverters connected? BR JJ

Hi,
Thanks for this very extended list of problems and possible solutions.
I however cannot get my integration to work. I cannot connect to the dongle, there is no possible port combination with the other options that do the trick. The inverter doesn’t even show up as connected device in my router.

After reading this page through I’m guessing that it’s the old software on my system that is mostly to blame.
My SDongleA-05 is running V100R001C00SPC119
My SUN2000-4KTL-M1 is running V100R001C00SPC153

Both of which appear to be older versions of the software if you believe the Huawei support page. However, for some reason I cannot upgrade through the app, and huawei doesn’t want to help me either with this. can someone give me the new software versions via some way (PM) please.

Or am I wrong in thinking the software is the issue. All input welcome. Thanks in advance.

Also interesting fact: although there is a checkbox for checking Advanced: elevate permissions the text itself is not written there. Have I perhaps not installed the integration completely?

What do you mean about “the text itself is not written there.” ? Could you send a screenshot?

there is no text in the configuration window

I have tried every combination of port, slave id and elevated permissions or not.

Hi Jakob, I’m not the master of the group,it is strange that you don’t see the “elevate permission”. But unfortunately I can’t help more on this.
Anyway, I think that if all should work, you should be able to ping the proper port from any device in the network.Then before be crazy with HA if I was you I would try to test the IP and port from another device.

I hope that someone more expert than me will help you…

Hi, Thanks for answering anyway.
If you mean that I should be able to type in the IP in my browser and get some basic webpage hosted by my inverter… then nothing shows up. Not at 192.168.x.x, nor at any of the ports 502 or 6607.

I will give as much info here as possible, maybe someone with a keen eye spots the issue:

Home Assistant 2023.5.4
Supervisor 2023.04.1
Operating System 10.2
Frontend 20230503.3 - latest

copied all the GIT files into a directory: custom_components>huawei_solar

local IP adres is fixed in the router. and this is the IP I’m trying to connect to. I also tried 192.168.200.1 for some reason.
inverter version: V100r001c00spc153
MBUS (DC) version: V100r001c00SPC300 (I believe this is the dongle)
Modbus TCP = enabled and unrestricted

SDongleA-05 and HUAWEI INVERTER 3-PHASE 4KW M1 SUN2000

I have tried every combination possible in the configuration window of the integration.
Interesting fact: in the browser (chrome) version of HASS I don’t have any text in the config window, only fillable fields (see previous post). On the app, there is text. (edit: ok, now there is text in the window)
No input results in an established connection.

Ping via command prompt.
In windows press the windows key + R, in the “Run” box type cmd and press enter. Type in the black window (the command prompt) ping 192.168.x.x entering the correct IP address of the ineverter, and press enter.
If your reply is something like Reply from 192.168.x.x: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64 then you have correctly set up the network.
If it is Reply from 192.168.x.x: Destination host unreachable. or anything else than bytes=xx time=Yms TTL=Z then you have a network issue you have to fix before continuing.

If you get a reply, then you can probe if the port is open using telnet. To use telnet you have to install/activate it in the Windows Features.

Once you have telnet activated, turn back to the black command prompt and type telnet 192.168.x.x 502 or telnet 192.168.x.x 6607 depending what port you’re probing, and paste here the results.

NOTE: if you already have communication set up on one of those ports, you’ll get a Connect failed.

2 Likes
a) FE-Dongle, which is connected via cable to my internet router (FritzBox)
- using DHCP and part of my homenetwork (e.g. **192.168.168.1** )
- used for FusionSolar only

=> matches to your Network A

Network A- Local network client: obtained with the dongle, and it is used for FusionSolar usage. Inverter IP: 192.168.1.XXX. To have on this network the sensor status via ModbusTCP on the port 6607 of the dongle you need to activate it in the inverter’s setting, but you need Installer access.

Inverter WLAN Network used for installation/maintenance via FusionSolar App:

Network B- Installer network: AP with SSID: ‘SUN2000-HVXXXXXXXX’. Inverter IP: 192.168.200.1
Used for installer purpose, and as default it communicate sensor status via Modbus TCP
  • Connect your Smartphone to Network B
  • Login on the inverter by using FusionSolar App (Installer Password is required):
  • Connect the inverter directly via WLAN to your homenetwork. You have to found the propper setting within FusionSolar App - but not really complicated

This will end into the following:

b) SUN2000-6KTL is connected via WLAN also to my internet router
- using DHCP and part of my homenetwork (e.g. **192.168.168.2** )
- used for HA only by the usage of Modbus TCP

For me there is no need to use additional bridges, routers or other magic staff …
I was network professional in my first life => keep is easy, keep it simple!!!

The only thing is to reset inverter installer password - See Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L - #2615 by heinemannj

But then you have the additional benefit to check/correct all the settings your installer have not properly modified during initial setup …

2 Likes

Anyone else seen disconnects on the latest version of this integration? When I say “disconnects”, basically I can still ping the inverter but the inverter and devices connected to it (battery and power meter) both show as unavailable.

me

only after a reboot will connect again

Yes, same here, a restart of HA seems to resolve it, though a “reload” of the integration doesn’t.

I have two inverters and it’s only the primary inverter that seems to have problems.