Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

After 5 days I would like to say that all is working very well. If you want I could check the port availability, but I should ask you how to create the entity “inverter_port”.

I’ve almost copied your openwrt config!

hi,
can someone please tell me how is calculate the current LOAD in the fusion solar app??
I am reading the data from the inverters using the “huawei_solar” integration.
maybe it be the inverter active power - active power of the power meter?

can someone help me with this?

I have same problem… I think that we need to create a sensor:
sensor.inverter_input_power -
sensor.power_meter_active_power -
sensor.battery_charge_discharge
or something similar, because
inverter_input_power is instant fv production
power_meter_active_power is instant feed to grid
At least that’s what I seem to understand

Search for huawei sun2000 password reset:

On an Smartphone you needs to have an actual version of FusionSolar App installed to change the resetted password directly after the inverters reboots.

In my case no settings have been modified and the data transfer to FusionSolar Portal was working without any issues.

But you should have strong nerves
And finally after having the installer priviledges you can destroy everthing - even your complete house …
Be careful and stay safe!

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for this thread but I’m a newbie of integration .
I’ve a problem. How connect my local Homeassistant with Solar inverter?
My huawei account is a normal account, not a installer account.
Thanks for your help.

NewBie_Man

This is my configuration to check port and ping:

binary_sensor:
  - platform: ping
    host: '192.168.178.xxx'
    name: inverter_ping
    count: 1
    scan_interval: 60
  - platform: command_line
    name: inverter_port
    command: /bin/bash -c "(echo > /dev/tcp/192.168.178.xxx/6607) > /dev/null 2>&1 && echo ON || echo OFF"
    value_template: '{{ value }}'
    scan_interval: 60
    command_timeout: 2
2 Likes

Another thing. I noticed that when I turn on the TV (for example), then the port disconnects, but the ping works fine and the inverter is connected to openwrt router. Maybe it’s a dhcp/dns problem?
@andrix, please try to check if your openwrt go to internet. For example try to ping google.com by diagnostic page.

Hi, I installed this integration about 1 year ago at that time option “elevate permissions” wasn’t integrated, I regularly updated integration but I don’t have “elevate permissions”, so can I set “elevate permissions” manually (by editing yaml code) or I need to reinstall integration? thanks in advance.

What does the toggle switch inverter on/off actually do? After an offsignal, does it stay connected in ha?
Today i had a really strange issue. This morning no pv power was generated. pv was connected, grid ok. Locking status: locked. Inverter status: standby: initializing. And it was stuck on those until i did a full restart with the dc and ac switches. Maybe an off/on from ha does also solve this issue.
Strange, never had that issue before.

Hi i am suddenly getting this error and cannot connect anymore

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: pymodbus.logging
Source: custom_components/huawei_solar/init.py:87
Integration: Huawei Solar
First occurred: 11:11:17 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:11:17

Failed to connect:

And this

Logger: pymodbus.logging
Source: runner.py:179
First occurred: 11:11:30 (8 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:16:54

Failed to connect:

What can be the trigger of that it has worked flawlessly until a week ago

I understand why my SUN2000-6KTL-L1 sometimes doesn’t export the port on the openwrt router.
The inverter is connected to a router A to communicate with fusionsolar.huawei.com. And it is connected to openwrt router B to export port 6607.
When I connect another device in the network, then the inverter disconnects from router A(and then also to router B openwrt).
When it reconnects to router A it can take several minutes (if not hours) before re-exporting the 6607 port to router B.
The strange thing is that on router A it performs several dhcp transactions (all of them are successful)… but one should be enough.
After it resolves from dns “intl.fusionsolar.huawei.com” (90.84.191.21) and after many tcp packets (between them) are retransmitted due to ACK failure.
Others having the same problem? How to fix?

P.S.

1. I have already checked my dhcp server… and inverter ip is not duplicated.
  2. sometimes this server(intl.fusionsolar.huawei.com) is not reachable from others machines outsite my network.

This is my traffic:

2 Likes

Why you are using openwrt and increase complexity on your setup?

My SUN2000-6KTL-M1 with FE-Dongle is connected to:

a) FE-Dongle, which is connected via cable to my internet router (FritzBox)
- using DHCP and part of my homenetwork (e.g. 192.168.168.1)
- used for FusionSolar only
b) SUN2000-6KTL is connected via WLAN also to my internet router
- using DHCP and part of my homenetwork (e.g. 192.168.168.2)
- used for HA only by the usage of Modbus TCP

Previously I’ve used a) the Dongle for both (FusionSolar and Modbus TCP), but with recurrent Modbus disconnects because of competing queries. No big surprise …

After the segregation by introducing b) everthing is working fine. The only thing is to connect the inverter directly via WLAN to your homenetwork => no openwrt required on my end.

You need to reinstall the integration.
I have done the exercise without any trouble - No data loss.

If you have the installer password, you will have a lot of additional functions to control interactions with your battery, which is an fantastic improvement.

1 Like

Warning:

If you update HA to version 2023.5.x you will run into the following issue/bug:

Integration - Riemann sum integral: Value Graph is broken

2023.5.4 is not resolving this issue:

My set-up is properly working, but I’m curious about your answer… That I didn’t understand.

This is my set-up. The inverter works in two networks:

Network A- Local network client: obtained with the dongle, and it is used for FusionSolar usage. Inverter IP: 192.168.1.XXX. To have on this network the sensor status via ModbusTCP on the port 6607 of the dongle you need to activate it in the inverter’s setting, but you need Installer access.

Network B- Installer network: AP with SSID: ‘SUN2000-HVXXXXXXXX’. Inverter IP: 192.168.200.1
Used for installer purpose, and as default it communicate sensor status via Modbus TCP

We (me and also dado) are using a Tp-Link Tl-Wr802N as bridge from network A to the network B, where is working the home assistant device.

I didn’t understand how you bypassed this issue.

PS: the hardware cost of what I’ve described (the Tp-Link Tl-Wr802N) is 25€… not a lot.
PPS: I’m working without installer password, and it works well. I know myself and I prefer to do not have so sensible commands in HA… I agree with the last sentence in your comment above about the password reset :slight_smile:

Hi there, could you please explain, what your Tp-Link Tl-Wr802N is exactely doing? If I understand you correctly, you have installed the dongle FE and conncted it to your local WiFi. Why is there another network necessary? Is there no way to connect HA to the Huawei Fusion App just with the FE dongle? Thanks, BR JJ

Hi Dave, the answer is here “Network A- Local network client: obtained with the dongle, and it is used for FusionSolar usage. Inverter IP: 192.168.1.XXX. To have on this network the sensor status via ModbusTCP on the port 6607 of the dongle you need to activate it in the inverter’s setting, but you need Installer access.”

Anyway, someone which have installer password still had some issues:

Thanks for your explanation - is this only needed cause you have TWO inverters connected? BR JJ

Hi,
Thanks for this very extended list of problems and possible solutions.
I however cannot get my integration to work. I cannot connect to the dongle, there is no possible port combination with the other options that do the trick. The inverter doesn’t even show up as connected device in my router.

After reading this page through I’m guessing that it’s the old software on my system that is mostly to blame.
My SDongleA-05 is running V100R001C00SPC119
My SUN2000-4KTL-M1 is running V100R001C00SPC153

Both of which appear to be older versions of the software if you believe the Huawei support page. However, for some reason I cannot upgrade through the app, and huawei doesn’t want to help me either with this. can someone give me the new software versions via some way (PM) please.

Or am I wrong in thinking the software is the issue. All input welcome. Thanks in advance.

Also interesting fact: although there is a checkbox for checking Advanced: elevate permissions the text itself is not written there. Have I perhaps not installed the integration completely?

What do you mean about “the text itself is not written there.” ? Could you send a screenshot?