Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

This is my first post …Hello everyone
I have a Sun2000-8KTL-M1 inverter. I asked tech support for a new dongle firmware and got this answer:
Hello,
My recommendation for you is to wait until the improved version SPC123 for the SDongle will be launched by the end of this week as expected.
I also recommend you to upgrade your inverter to the latest SPC135 (currently, your inverter is running SPC133).
Please let me know, do you want me to perform the upgrade for you remotely? or do you prefer to provide you the SPC135 software package?

So it looks like it. that Version SPC122 seems to have some problems.

1 Like

sorry but I have problem witho solar item of new energy panel.

I try our idea but not work for me

• platform: template
    sensors:
    solar_daily:
    friendly_name: “Energetica giornaliera”
    unit_of_measurement: ‘kWh’
    icon_template: mdi:solar-power
    value_template: “{{ state_attr(‘sensor.sun2000l_3ktl’, ‘daily_yield’) }}”

I view 0 value

How do you upgrade fromn a downloaded file ?? i dont have acess to that filename in my login only older versions but cant find any upload button

okey but it wont connect so i cant ping it sadly … and the versions you talk about i cant upgrade to they dont show up and i cant upload any file either

Hi Guys, does anyone knows how to integrate Huawei inverter+power meter via RS485? I have RPi+USB -RS485 converter?

You’ll need the SPC122 firmware to access modbus over the dongle locally, but that firmware version won’t show up in the web portal as yet, you have to manually upgrade it using the Fusion Home app in commission/installer mode.

I just went through this with Huawei support, though for me specifically it was due to being on SPC109 which doesn’t support the upgrade path in their documentation, need at least SPC115 or higher to use the app to upgrade it locally. Otherwise you need installer access on the cloud portal to get to at least SPC115/116 then you can go to the SPC122.

In terms of the upgrade, since you are on SPC118 you should be able to upgrade locally following the upgrade guide in the release documents zip below (section 3.4.2). Basically open the fusion solar app, go into device commission mode, select the dongle as the device type you want to upgrade. Then you need to connect to the dongle over the local wifi (that the dongle creates on power up), or over your local network directly. Assuming the installer password has not been changed the password will be 00000a, then go to the maintenance section, and then select the packge.zip file with SPC122 and upload that.

Files are available here.
https://easyupload.io/m/ury5gu

Any possibility of turning on and of the inverter over homeasstant ??

When is inverter connected with HA it is impossible connect over Fusionhome app.

Thanks

Got my inverter installed today and thought: Install the github in HACS, start it and you’re set. Well. Total fail. This is by far the most complex piece of software to install, and very little documentation compared to the complex situation - please don’t take that as sounding ungrateful - i just thought it would be easier :wink: ). I flew over those 600 posts, and THINK that I got a little more knowledge now.
With my dongle being on version 100 (or is it 1.00?) it’s not possible to connect modbus over tcp on ethernet. I wish I could do it over wifi, but adding wifi to the RPI4 and then having other problems (wifi connection being not stable) was a no-go.

So I dl’d the 1.22 firmware and wanted to flash it. But I haven’t got the installer password. Seems this is “owned” by the company that installed it. Any way to reset it? This hardware belongs to me, so I expect to have full control over it?!
Is it possible to upgrade the dongle w/o installer rights? There is NO device management tab in my fusionwebportal.

And if I can’t reset the installer pwd: What is the wifi-pwd of the inverter’s AP? How would I connect the RPI to it w/o knowing the AP-password?

Thanks everybody!

Did you tried “Changeme” - it’s default password for WiFi and default password for installer is 00000a .

1 Like

LOL! No, I never assumed they left it unchanged :wink: I’m connected. Thanks!

Well now to the next problem:

curl -v 192.168.200.1:502 works. I can connect and am welcome :slight_smile:

Then I add this to configuration.yaml

modbus:
  name: solar
  type: tcp
  host: 192.168.200.1
  port: 502

and this to sensors.yaml

- platform: modbus
  registers:
    - name: Solar Max active power
      unit_of_measurement: W
      count: 2
      register: 30075
      data_type: uint
    - name: Solar total production
      unit_of_measurement: kWh
      register: 32114
      data_type: uint
      scale: 0.01
      precision: 2

log says, that modbus is setup, but I don’t see any sensors being added. :frowning:

I don’t use modbus, but I remember that config is changed n newer HA versions. Modbus - Home Assistant
You can try:

modbus:
  - name: Solar
    type: tcp
    host: 192.168.200.1
    port: 502
    sensors:
      - name: Solar SunPower
#        slave: 1
        address: 32080
        unit_of_measurement: W
        data_type: int
        scale: 1
        precision: 1
        scan_interval: 30    

If connection is by LAN cable then uncoment slave: 1

Thanks. Works now. I was hoping to have the sensors in sensors.yaml. Added them now to configuration.yaml and it works.
Btw: slave: 1 needs to be uncommented for Wifi as well!

This is the output (it’s night :wink: ). Tomorrow we’ll see more …

My inverter was just now turned on. I am using 10KTL-M1 inverter with wifi dongle. Below is the screenshot of the fusion app.
this is the code I have in configuration.yaml file.
sensor:

• platform: huawei_solar
    host: ‘192.168.18.239’
    optimizers: false
    battery: false

I can ping from Home assistant to the Inverter without any issue.

How do I confirm this is working, but I can’t find entities for Huawei inverter energy production.

As I see in screenshot you are connected to wifi from smart dongle. So integration will not work. To read data directly from inverter you have two options:

• connect to internal inverter WiFi (not smart dongle)
  • connect with LAN cable to smart dongle (smart dongle must have firmware ending with 120 or newer)
1 Like

@ligeza Łukasz tym razem ja poproszę o pomoc bo męczę się z tym od dawna z żadnym skutkiem :frowning:

1. mam najnowszą wersję integracji
  2. w configuration.yaml:
  • platform: huawei_solar
    host: ‘192.168.69.102’
    optimizers: false
    battery: false
    slave: 1 (próbowałem też 0)
  1. wersja softu SPC134
  2. podpięcie LAN do dongla
  3. z poziomu RSP pinguję bez problemu inwerter
    i cały czas otrzymuję poniższe:

Logger: huawei_solar.huawei_solar
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py:297
First occurred: 13:21:55 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 13:21:55

failed to connect to device, is the host correct?
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 293, in read_register
response = self.client.read_holding_registers(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pymodbus/client/common.py”, line 114, in read_holding_registers
return self.execute(request)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pymodbus/client/sync.py”, line 108, in execute
raise ConnectionException(“Failed to connect[%s]” % (self.str()))
pymodbus.exceptions.ConnectionException: Modbus Error: [Connection] Failed to connect[ModbusTcpClient(192.168.69.102:502)]

Jaka wersja softu w donglu, bo spc134 to wersja firmware w falowniku. W donglu musi być spc120 lub 122 i podobno miała wyjść jeszcze nowsza, ale nie sprawdzałem czy już jest.

oj faktycznie… wersja softu na donglu V100R001C00SPC116. to musze wrócić do informacji nt aktualizacji softu w donglu…

oczywiście u mnie nie może nic zadziałać od tak… :wink: pobralem wersję SPC122 i aktualizacja dochodzi do 80%, po czym apka (SUN2000) wyświetla komunikat: “Brak urządzenia do uaktualnienia” klikam Potwierdź i pozostaje przy starej wersji…

U mnie też chyba tak było przy aktualizacji, ale wypiąłem dongla z falownika i podpiąłem ponownie i okazało się że jest aktualizowane firmware. Falownika nie wyłączałem przy wyciąganiu i wkładaniu dongla.

Since I am in Pakistan, so I had to use this link to check my interver and dongles’s software version by logging on https://intl.fusionsolar.huawei.com/. My firmware version is PC119 it seems I have to go with router connected to Inverter’s wifi which SSID is something like SUN2000XXXXX
Go to Plants> devices