Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

Guys: PLEASE could you refrain from posting in your mother’s language (if it’s different from English)? It’s hard for others to follow if you need to push every post through Google translate. And much can be lost in translation as well.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi,
Does anyone know a store where the SDongleA is sold at a good price?

Thanks.

TCP over wifi has been working before already. You just need to open a new network where the AP of the inverter is needed. Works easily when you have eg. a RPI4 connected by LAN (prefered method anyway) and use the internal wifi to connect to the access point named (SUNxxxxxxx) with pwd “changeme” (in case you didn’t change it yet).

1 Like

can I use my RPi4 running HA to connect to Sunxxxxx access point ? will it work? My RPi4 is connected to network over ethernet. I also have ESP32-DevKitC core board, can it be used for this purpose?

That’s exactly what I just wrote one post over your’s. Did you read it?

So i should follow this guide? Guide: Connecting Pi with Home Assistant OS to wifi (or other networking changes)

This, or any other guide telling you how to enable wifi of your rpi4.

I already know this method of using wifi with homeassitant, but the issue is I can’t move Rpi4 from it’s current location already using it to track aircraft. Home assistant and Flightradar24 on same device
I have looked at @manio’s guide How to connect to SUN2000 from DD-WRT – skyboo.net. Now I am looking for a dual-band router, can’t do ethernet to new router due to the location of Inverter

So if you can’t move it anyway, then why to you bother with thís method if you know it’s not doable? I’ll pass on that …

i want to make it easier for future reader where to look for rpi4 method, bcz many of us are too noob to google each and everything.

Why not just add an usb-wifi dongle?

1 Like

you mean SDongleA-05 wifi dongle? i already have it installed, with latest firmware V100R001C00SPC122, but how can i connect it to HA without using ethernet cable?

No. Of course not, as it’s already connected to the inverter. Otherwise we wouldn’t be talking.
I suggested adding AN EXTERNAL USB WIFI DONGLE TO THE RASPBERRY. As your internal wifi is already used. Makes sense?

internal wifi isn’t used on rpi4. the inverter is “too far”(Huawei inverter wifi with SSID SUN2000xxxxxx IP 192.168.200.1 has too short-range hardly 10feet)i.e why I need a router near the inverter which has 2 functions, increase the range of inverter wifi while also connecting it to my home wifi IP in 192.168.1.1 range.

I give up. No idea what else I could add what has not been written before. I’m out.

1 Like

while waiting for my new router to arrive, I have successfully connected to Huwaei Inverter using RPi4 (I moved its location temporarily). Now, How should I proceed? I have this code in my configuration.yaml file.

- platform: huawei_solar   
    host: '192.168.200.1'
    optimizers: false
    battery: false
    energy:   

Finally got it to work. Connected to Huawei 10KTL-M1 using Raspberry pi’s builtin wifi.

1. Supervisor
  2. System
  3. click change next to IP address
  4. select Wlan0
  5. Select wifi and scan for access points.
  6. Connect to SUN2000-xxxxx (xxxxx being your Inverters’ serial number) password is “Changeme” if it wasn’t changed :crazy_face:
  7. add the following code to configuration.yaml file.
  8. restart HA.
  9. It will add a new sensor name " sensor.sun2000_10ktl_m1" or whichever the model of your inverter is.
  10. follow @Emilv2 and @ligeza 's advice for further queries. because I don’t know next steps at this stage. @iz3man thanks for rpi4 advice. temporary solution but a solution non the less. :blush:

This is the code I used in configration.yaml file

sensor solar:
  - platform: huawei_solar
    host: '192.168.200.1'
    optimizers: false
    battery: false

can someone please help me to explain how to setup with LAN cable beacuse my RPi4 cant find the inverter wifi anymore.

But i can find it by my phone so it works .

But i got the dongle uppgraded to version 122 but cant get it to work .

Everyone seems to type different things in there config file ??

Can anybody typer their setting for LAN cable

I have made it work.
My scenario is not the common one. I have not my HA instance running in a RPI. It is on a Intel miniPC away from the inverter.
So, I have used an old TPLink router with wifi to route and masquerade the traffic between the internal inverter AP to my local network.
I have followed this tutorial that I got from this thread:
https://skyboo.net/2021/07/how-to-connect-to-sun2000-from-dd-wrt/
I had some trouble adapting it to my settings, but I finally got it.

1 Like

My RPi4 cant see the Wi-Fi anymoore i have had it working before so now i want to have it working with LAN cable.

Now I get that there is already someone connected ??

Do I use Emil’s or modbus in config ??