Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

I have the same issue (model_id asyncio timeout).
My firmware versions:
V100R001C00SPC123 for sdongle
V100R001C00SPC139 for inverter
I can connect via 502 with qModMaster and telnet via WiFi and LAN.
But when using Read registers in qModMaster I don’t get any data.

Can I ask a potentially stupid question? What is this ‘dongle’? I see a host on my LAN with port 502 open which I can’t access (assume it’s because the Internet portal monitoring is using it). There is also an AP on the inverter which I can access with the RasPi and can access 502. This changed my error from ‘cant find host’ to ‘cant get model_id’

Hi, I’m trying to figure out how to enable Modbus on my system, checking from QModMaster port 502 is open and I can ping the IP but I get a read data fail message.

------- Modbus TCP : Ping IP 192.168.178.67 -------
Pinging 192.168.178.67 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.178.67: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=255
Reply from 192.168.178.67: bytes=32 time=9ms TTL=255
Reply from 192.168.178.67: bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=255
Reply from 192.168.178.67: bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=255
Ping statistics for 192.168.178.67:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 26ms, Average = 12ms
------- Modbus TCP : Check Port 192.168.178.67:502 Status -------
Connected.Port is opened
------- Modbus Diagnotics : Report Slave ID 1 -------
Read diagnostics data failed.
Error : No error

From the app, updated to the last version, I can’t find the way to enable it. If I select the dongle I the message “Device details are not supported for this type of device”.

What firmware do you have on the inverter and the dongle? I assume you’ve gone in and enabled it to be unrestricted?

V100R001C00SPC123, dongle came with this version, I don’t even know how to update it if needed, I don’t see any option about it.

So I went through something similar earlier this week, and this sounds like what I saw. Where the port would respond but no data.

You’ll want to have both the Inverter and the Dongle on the latest firmware, officially they want you on these versions.

Once you have those, you can then use the FusionSolar app to connect to the inverter’s installer Wifi (go into commissioning mode in the app and then scan the QR code on the side of the inverter). Then you can follow these images below to change the modbus settings to unrestricted.

2021-11-15 15_56_50-SDongleA-05 MODBUS TCP Guide.pdf - 2 -
2021-11-15 15_56_50-SDongleA-05 MODBUS TCP Guide.pdf - 3 -

Then after that you should get data again. I was on SPC22 an it was all working fine, but after moving to SPC123 on the dongle (and then 124) is when they seemed to have introduced this restricted setting and it defaults to being locked down again.

In my case…
Dongle at 124
Inverter at 139

I enabled the Modbus TCP like claymen said.
But the configuration is on Dongle parameter settings…

NOT IN THE MARKED ENTRY "Parallel system… "

(Claymen already change to the correct one. Thanks)

It starts ok… And HA Modbus configuration fine

BUT
sometimes I have wrong values… And lose the communication…

Ahh I knew I forgot to update something, was using the images from earlier in the thread as I’m not at home to check the inverter on my phone directly. I’ve updated the images now.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips, however, it seems like something is wrong. I was able to connect to both inverters but, firmware wise, I get as latest version my current one, V100R001C00SPC135. I don’t know if the system gets notifications when something new comes up or it has to be done manually.
About Modbus I went to the indicated path but I don’t have the Modbus-TCP option.

I also tried to connect to the Dongle (psw: Changeme) and it seems fine, however when I try to go inside it I get a notification “The device has been connected. Try again later” and I can’t proceed further…

A little update. The good news: I’ve got it working!

So, apparently the SlaveID of my HomeAssistant config was set to 2 instead of 1. After changing that, I got results in Home Assistant.

Second, I noticed that after some time I got readings from the qModBus application. But after restarting HomeAssistant, the qModBus application didn’t return data. In the log file, I got: ‘Slave threw exception → Bad file descriptor’.
This is also the case when the Slave ID is set correctly.

To summarize:

• Be able to ping → if not, check connection
  • Be able to telnet to port 502 → if not, upgrade firmware of SmartDongle (check firmware versions on the SolarFusion website, because the app doesn’t support the Dongle)
  • Be able to get readings via ModBus TCP (or HomeAssistant) → if not, upgrade firmware of inverter
  • Get readings in HomeAssistant (or error ‘model_id’: asyncio timeout)-> if not, check SlaveID in your configuration. For me it was 1, but I read if you have more inverters it could be higher.

In all these cases it was not necessary for me to connect to the Dongle or Inverter directly.
Example qModBus settings (I use the Windows app):
TCP Port: 502
Modbus mode: TCP, Start Address: 30070, Slave ID: 1, Number of Coils: 1, Function code: 0x03, Format: Decimal. This should give a number

Good luck!

@Emilv2
I’m getting warning in new HA beta:

Dec 03 21:50:40 HA hass[9506]: 2021-12-03 21:50:40 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Entity sensor.daily_yield (<class 'custom_components.huawei_solar.sensor.HuaweiSolarDailyYieldSensor'>) implements device_state_attributes. Please report it to the custom component author.
Dec 03 21:50:40 HA hass[9506]: 2021-12-03 21:50:40 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Entity sensor.total_yield (<class 'custom_components.huawei_solar.sensor.HuaweiSolarTotalYieldSensor'>) implements device_state_attributes. Please report it to the custom component author.
Dec 03 21:50:47 HA hass[9506]: 2021-12-03 21:50:47 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Entity sensor.sun2000_8ktl_m0 (<class 'custom_components.huawei_solar.sensor.HuaweiSolarSensor'>) implements device_state_attributes. Please report it to the custom component author.

but i think everything is working correctly.

Do you have access to the installer account on the cloud service? If I use the app on my phone, I don’t get offered the latest version. From memory it showed only 133 or 135. But if I use the installer side on Fusion Solar cloud, I can select from a range of versions.

Nope, any clue about how to do that?

I have trouble again to get my inverter into Home assistant …after upgrade
cant find where to fix the error below

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.template
Source: helpers/template.py:1254
First occurred: 3:01:42 PM (8 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:01:42 PM

Template warning: 'float' got invalid input 'None' when rendering template '{% if state_attr('sensor.sun2000_15ktl_m0', 'efficiency')|float < 100 %} {{ state_attr('sensor.sun2000_15ktl_m0', 'efficiency') }} {% else %} 0 {% endif %}' but no default was specified. Currently 'float' will return '0', however this template will fail to render in Home Assistant core 2022.1
    Template warning: 'float' got invalid input 'unknown' when rendering template '{{ '%0.2f' | format(states('sensor.total_yield') | float - states('sensor.m_grid_exporterd_energy') | float + states('sensor.m_grid_accumulated_energy') | float) }}' but no default was specified. Currently 'float' will return '0', however this template will fail to render in Home Assistant core 2022.1

try change float to float(0)

okey will try that …

would be nice if all the entities would get into home assistant automaticly so when something changed you dont need to start all over again.

and they where seperate entities

Ok so now I have it working, I changed slave to ‘0’

But I only have three entities- total_yield, daily_yield and generation in watts, which I’m most interested in as it’s real time.

I would also like - current grid usage, current grid export, daily and totals of that too … is this possible? (I have the smart meter and can see all this on the app, but there is a delay and would like to see the live numbers immediately at a glance for generation, power consumption, power exported).

This data is in attribute of entity with generation value.

How come it’s not showing up when I try to make a card for the dashboard? Or when I go to select an entity value for the ‘energy’ configuration for ‘consumption’ and ‘return to the grid’ - there’s nothing there!!

I tried adding this block of code after the normal ‘sensor: -platform:huawei_solar host:192.168.200.1’ in configuration.yaml but got “expected , but found ‘’” for the code starting with ‘-platform: template’

help! this looks perfect because I have a smart meter and want to read the energy consumption etc as well as the generation, and also put it in the energy for HA