Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

Am I understanding it correctly that if I have a SDongleA installed for ethernet connectivity, I cannot directly connect to the RS485A1 and RS485B1 ports of the inverter? My plan was to directly connect to those ports for reading data as I do not have an installer account.

Correct. The integration also works without installer privileges, but won’t expose some protected features like reading the optimizer data and changing settings on the inverter.

You can always follow the reset procedure to reset the local installer password. You do not need an installer account on the FusionSolar web interface, only a local installer account suffices.

1 Like

Its a bummer that connecting to those ports wont work with the dongle installed. Out of curiosity, do you have an idea why?

Thanks for the link. I have been wondering if I should do that, as I guess that not only resets the password but also wipes all of the settings
my installer did?

On my installation the “Charge from grid” switch does not work anymore. Any ideas? Does anybody have the same problem?

1 Like

Firmware Limitation by huawei. Wrong place to ask here:D

1 Like

I think this is about to become a hot topic given the UK government’s hints of 3 hour blackouts during the winter due to the energy crisis.
Can I ask you whether you needed to use your installer credentials when configuring your add-in in order to get this ‘charge from grid’ switch? as I don’t have my installer credentials (installer didn’t release them to me) and hence I need to weigh up whether I can try to reinstall the add-in to select that I wanted the ‘charge from grid’ option but without having the credentials to facilitate it (if they’re in fact needed).

I didn’t need the installer credentials for installing the add-on, but I guess this is simply because my inverter is still using the default credentials. As far as I know, you need installer credentials to get those features of the add-on working.

Installer credentials are only needed when connecting to the inverter via a network connection. The inverter does not require credentials when using a serial connection to the RS485 pins.

The integration will always ask for the credentials when it detects that it doesn’t have elevated permissions. It does not try to use the default credentials before asking.

@Whoarewe You need to have a Huawei Backup Box installed to power your home from the battery when the grid power is off. My wild guess is that 99% of the installations with a home battery do not have such a backup box installed.

Hey,

I have seen a few references to "RS485-Wifi bridge “Elfin EW11A” as one of the prefer modes to connect in this section of the wiki “Serial connection to a Modbus RTU-to-TCP bridge”. As I have a network switch close to my inverters, rather than using Wifi I was planning to plug a wired bridge like this one from Amazon ( Waveshare Industrial Serial Server RS485 to RJ45 Ethernet TCP/IP to Serial Module Support Rail-Mount Modbus Gateway). Would it be fare to assume it would also work fine ? (assuming it is rigthly configured).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks Thijs, that’s news to me! I now need to get my installers to quote me for one of those.

1 Like

I have this one but have not yet successfully configured it. Would be very interested to hear of someone who managed to set it up.

Anybody know if you can split the rs485 signal, or how to succesfully split it?
My installer proposes the installation of a ‘blq vanger’ (online system to optimize the usage of solar/battery with dynamic energy tarrifs in the netherlands/belgium). Many people want to do that trough HA. I’m inclined to let it do by this system, but i would like to have the data in HA. The device connects the exact same way to the invertor like the serial connection.

Has anyone the plug-in combined with Grafana?
If yes can someone share / public the grafana dashboard.

This will be very nice thanks!

No, it is not easily achievable to have both the integration and another device (like bliq) connect to the inverter, as both would want to act as a Modbus Master device.

You would need a Modbus RTU multiplexer that can support multiple masters for 1 slave device:

@wlcrs is there any public dashboard for Lovelace or grafana for the addon ?

@wlcrs
I have sometimes the following issue that the raspberry disconnect the connection to the inverter (Wi-Fi).
Connection is strong enough and I get the following error messages in the log do you know the issue

Dieser Fehler wurde von einer benutzerdefinierten Integration verursacht

Logger: huawei_solar.huawei_solar
Source: custom_components/huawei_solar/__init__.py:250 
Integration: Huawei Solar 
First occurred: 12:24:53 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 12:24:53

Could not read register value, has another device interrupted the connection?

Logger: huawei_solar.huawei_solar
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py:344 
First occurred: 12:25:23 (53 occurrences) 
Last logged: 12:51:23

Modbus client is not connected to the inverter.
NoneType: None

Dieser Fehler wurde von einer benutzerdefinierten Integration verursacht

Logger: custom_components.huawei_solar
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:151 
Integration: Huawei Solar 
First occurred: 12:09:07 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 12:09:07

Timeout fetching TA2240xxx data_update_coordinator data

1 Like

@unglazedswansea

I’m facing the same issue, and I’ve pinned it down to FusionSolar endpoint being down or an Internet connectivity outage.

When the plant can’t connect to the management system, modbus is not reachable.

I’ve posted a thread on Huawei forum, in case you want to comment there as well for visibility:

https://forum.huawei.com/enterprise/en/huawei/m/ViewThread.html?tid=1019116&lang=en&container=browser&navBar=1&isOpenAttach=1

3 Likes

@xploss
Thanks! It seems for me the same issue that you have also I am using also the EU region like you.

Can you update the post here when huawei is answering you ?

1 Like

Try to use a regular RS-485 for modbus. I noticed that the Dongle has a “recovery” algorithms and it it constantly trying to reboot itself when there is networking problems (and this of course leads to problems with integration).

2 Likes

After 3 days of testing via internal Raspberry Wifi 3 / Dongle Wifi I can say that this does not work reliably.

I have written an automation that notifies me when the WIFi connection to the dongle no longer exists.
Several times a day comes the message that it is no longer connected.
It only helps to restart Hassio or to connect manually again via GUI / SSH to the SUN Wifi.

Thus, it is not possible to get data properly via wifi, although the connection is stable!
There seems to be something that causes the disconnect automatically.

1 Like