Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

Ok, I found the problem.
After enabling the O&M switch, the data can be reached in the local network, not in the 2000L hotspot.

1 Like

Cool.

@p1x

Did you use android or iOS app to enable the O&M switch?
I can’t find the setting on my iOS device.

Android. But You need to have the installator password.
To say the truth, my installation enabled it, I gave him these instructions: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/integration-solar-inverter-huawei-2000l/132350/2206
At start he had problem finding it, but after some time he said “I found it” :smiley:

A log with only one inverter enabled will be easier indeed😀. Feel free to send a DM with a link to that log file.

Hey friends,
I am late to the game and overwhelmed by the 2224 posts in this thread :star_struck: amazing what you guys accomplished, especially @wlcrs thanks for the development of your integration!

If I may ask. I want to order solar hardware within the next couple of weeks. From your subjective point of view: Does the Huawei inverter provide all data points one could wish for? Are there any drawbacks or limitations I should be aware of? Any reasons why I might want to look at other inverters with the priority of decent HA integration? (Not talking about technical specs of course)

Thanks!

hi,
i have got 2 huawei sun 2000 inverters, one master and one slave connected with rs458, the master plugged with the huawei dongle wla fe, THE PROBLEM IS THAT I can’t connect to the slave inverter using node red with modbus addons. can someone please help me??
Now i am able to connect to each inverter singularly but i need to connect at the same time. is it possible?

the integration works like a charm thanks to @wlcrs . I don’t see any drawback… the only “problem” for me was the SDongle, but if u plan to install only one inverter don’t spend money on it, it’s useless. It’s more suitable in scenarios where there are multiple inverters.
Go with Huawei and connect it with RS485 (you have to run an ethernet cable from the HA location to the inverter), you will thank me later, i promise!

1 Like

If posible, you can also connect to it via wifi. I have it that way.

New beta release: 1.2.0 beta 1

While functionally identical, this release contains quite some changes under the hood. Please help testing this new version and report any regressions! Once I feel confident that this version doesn’t have unwanted quirks, I’ll release it as stable.

New :sparkles:

This release upgrades the huawei-solar library from 2.1.6 to 2.2.0b2. The main difference between these library versions is that underlying pyModbus library has been upgraded from 2.5.3 to 3.0.2. This has allowed some cleanup in huawei-solar, and should hopefully fix some bugs present in pyModbus.

Thank you

A big thanks to all my current and past sponsors. Your contributions keep me motivated to maintain this integration to a high standard! :heart:

3 Likes
Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:192
First occurred: 13:03:01 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 13:03:01

Setup failed for custom integration huawei_solar: Unable to import component: cannot import name 'AsyncModbusSerialClient' from 'pymodbus.client' (/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pymodbus/client/__init__.py)

@wlcrs the integration fails to start with the new beta
if u need more details i can send you more data from log

Yes, please file a bugreport on GitHub. This will provide me with more context. (ao. the diagnostics text file will be a great help)

Installed the 1.2.0 beta 1 this morning ==> no problem
(10KTL, sdongle, modbus tcp)

Is it possible to connect to multiple sdongles via modbus tcp?
a) sdongle a
10KTL
Luna2000 battery
b) sdongle b
30KTL
Or what would be the way to integrate both to my HA ?

my configuration is:
‘’’
sensor:

• platform: huawei_solar
    host: ‘192.168.96.11’
    optimizers: false
    battery: true
    slave: 1
    port: 502

• platform: huawei_solar
    host: ‘192.168.96.13’
    optimizers: false
    battery: false
    slave: 1
    port: 502
    ‘’’
    But the second does not show up

i cannot generate the help file because the integration fail to start.

Hi all, I think this was asked in earlier posts, but couldn’t easily find the answer.
I have everything working a treat within my environment, using the WiFi adapter to directly connect to my inverter. I also have a battery.
What I’m curious about is my inverter goes ‘dark’ for a period of time.
That is it disconnects for a day or so at a time, and inexplicbly returns with no intervention from me.
I have installed a wireless access point essentially in my garage to ensure the signal strength is reliable (-49dB).
While it’s disconnected from local polling it continues to upload connectivity stats to the Solar Fusion environment.

Anyone else seeing this sort of behaviour?
It’s happening for both HACS Huawei Solar Integrations…
I’ll obviously need to capture logs when it’s dark, but thought I’d ask.
I’m running Unifi Networking gear which is solid and stable in its performance…

Thanks in advance,

I have the same problem, but doesn’t reconnect anymore…

it’s random, it disconnects from the Inverter (wifi direct) and i have to restart the HA (hardware)

I’d like to forcible_charge as well but the service calls don’t exist in my HA and …
Configuration is absent from the battery device in integrations.
Do i need to do something extra to get that?

@wlcrs I upgraded to 1.2.0b1, no issues, it worked immediately.

1 Like

I already had a solar inverter and added a battery system today.
I assume that Advanced: elevate permissions might not have been checked.
And I couldn’t find a way to update the setting post installation so I removed the integration and tried to add it again… no success.

somebody any ideas?

Also reinstalled the Huawei Solar HACS integration. But it looks like the problem situates on the Inverter side - Modbus client is not connected to the inverter.

Logs:

Logger: huawei_solar.huawei_solar
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py:163
First occurred: 5:13:50 PM (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:17:35 PM
Aborting client creation due to error.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 157, in create
await huawei_solar._initialize()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 120, in _initialize
self.time_zone = (await self.get(rn.TIME_ZONE)).value
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 254, in get
return (await self.get_multiple([name], slave))[0]
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 296, in get_multiple
response = await self._read_registers(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 389, in _read_registers
result = await _do_read()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/backoff/_async.py”, line 151, in retry
ret = await target(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 354, in _do_read
raise ConnectionException(message)
huawei_solar.exceptions.ConnectionException: Modbus client is not connected to the inverter.

Logger: huawei_solar.huawei_solar
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py:353
First occurred: 5:13:50 PM (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:17:35 PM

Modbus client is not connected to the inverter.
NoneType: None

Modbus-TCP is active via fusion solar:

Port 502 is open:

nmap -p 502 192.168.3.25
Starting Nmap 7.80 ( hxxps://nmap.org ) at 2022-11-28 17:19 CET
Nmap scan report for 192.168.3.25
Host is up (0.00033s latency).

PORT STATE SERVICE
502/tcp open mbap

edit: wrong ip and wrong port => 192.168.200.1 6607

next issue… default password “00000a” doesnt work :sweat_smile: