Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

Software Version of my inverter is V200R001C00SPC125.

Same version, but donā€™t know how to tell when that may have been updated.

Doing a modbus upgrade to SmartMBUSV100R001C00SPC300 from V100R001C00B021.
See if that sorts it

What options are enable for you for the parallel connection?

Havenā€™t a clueā€¦ Happy to try!
Are there any instructions you can point me to?

So just spoke with Huawei and they confirmed my invertor was updated, and in the latest updated they have removed MODBUSTCP from the in-built WiFi dongle, and it requires the smart dongle to continue that function.

Thatā€™s super irritating. Thanks for the follow up.
:frowning:

I say this, but looks like the firmware downgrade hasnā€™t done anything to resolve the issue, so not sure what to do from here.

@ligeza you seem to be a man in the know.
Modbus was previously working for me using EmilV2, then suddenly yesterday morning it stopped working. Only noticed today. Was working with the integrated WiFi on the local LAN.
Huawei have said a firmware update has occurred and gone to version V200R001C00SPC125. This is all now not working.

Any ideas how to get this functioning again? Iā€™ve gone back down to firmware SUN2000LV200R001C00SPC119 as they said it would work, but nothing still.
It really is frustrating.
According to here, and everywhere Iā€™ve looked, it should all work.

Really donā€™t want to spend another $100 on another WiFi adaptor to get something to work that did before.

In new firmware could be changed port from 502 to 6607. And you can try also GitHub - wlcrs/huawei_solar: Home Assistant integration for Huawei Solar inverters via Modbus itā€™s better optimized to get data from inverter. If you want to stay with EmilV2 try to add port

sensor:
  - platform: huawei_solar   
    host: '192.168.0.123'
    port: 6607

Iā€™ve just tried changing the port from 502 to 6607 with wlcrsā€™ integration. No luck for me.
But that might just be my inverter disappearing spontaneously as it does.
Iā€™ll try again tomorrow.

Do you have access to inverter from fusionsolar app? And are you connected to huawei internal AP or to smart dongle? If you are reading data from smart dongle what firmware do you have in it? If smart dongle was updated and inverter, you should have new option in inverter settings to enable unrestricted access to smart dongle.

I have access to the Fusion Solar app. itā€™s still receiving updates from the inverter.
I access it i belive via the internal AP. The 4G/FE USB3 port is unpopulated on the inverter.

thereā€™s a newest version for the MBUS: the SPC323

Just buy a cheap rs485 to WiFi adaptor and connect it to pin 1/2 on the inverter, now you can use modbus TCP with less than 10$ of additional hardware costs

1 Like

Tried defining the port and even changing it to one of the two as well as setting the slave, but no luck.
Any ideas how to check the dongle version? Canā€™t find it anywhere in the app.

I donā€™t even have the option in the app for turning on ModBus as per other posts.

Are we really left to having to buy the smart dongle, and not use the integrated WiFi?

Just tried using the wlcrs integration too and get an error it canā€™t connect.

Have that, seems to make no difference to being able to connect. Wonder if should downgrade that also?

Still no joy this morning for me on port 6607.
Iā€™ve not downgraded anything however.
Thought Iā€™d simply try again today.

Seem to be in the same boat, whatever update has happened, on the inverter, or the modbus and revoked access on the built-in WiFi it seems.