Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

SDongleA-05 current firmware is at V100R001C00SPC133

Changelog mentions:
-Solving the problem that the Modbustcp function occasionally fails
after the SDongleA is reset in parallel scenarios.

1 Like

Ethernet TCP workrd for more then month then one morining i couldnt get any readings.

I tried for couple days to fix ethernet TCP ,all the time ,remote computer refuse conection error,finally conected over WIFI port 6607 and all data collected

Hi @rikerik,
Which HA integration are you using to allow charge/discharge control and changing of the mode between MaximumConsumption and TOU?

Iā€™m using the integration by tijsverkoyen (Commits Ā· tijsverkoyen/HomeAssistant-FusionSolar Ā· GitHub) but canā€™t find these options.

Thanks.

I want to charge my battery between 02:00 and 05:00 and discharge it between 17:00 and 19:00. Outside these time windows I want Maximum Self-Consumption mode, but, between 05:00 and 17:00 I want to prevent the battery from discharging below 50% of battery capacity, so that I have at least that capacity available for use during 17:00 t0 19:00. I have used TOU charge/discharge segments for the two time windows and successfully automate switching between TOU and Max Self-Cons modes, to get the charging and discharging required during the desired times.
My problem is reserving 50% of battery capacity between 05:00 and 17:00. I have tried the following automation. It works if I trigger it manually, but does not trigger when the battery capacity reduces to 50% or less. Any suggestions to make this work?

alias: "Monitor Battery <50% SOC 5am5pm "
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.battery_state_of_capacity
    below: 50
    value_template: ""
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 0
condition:
  - condition: time
    after: "05:00:00"
    before: "17:00:00"
    weekday:
      - mon
      - tue
      - wed
      - thu
      - fri
      - sat
      - sun
action:
  - device_id: b286eaab362df8cd7a603390231da1c3
    domain: number
    entity_id: number.battery_maximum_discharging_power
    type: set_value
    value: 0
mode: single

I seem to be running into an issueā€¦but not all the time. Every second or third time I try to run my script to ā€œenable charge from gridā€ and then run ā€œforcible charge to SoCā€ I get an error ā€œslave busyā€. Is there any workaround for this?

Most of people discussing here use wlcrs integration

Yes, thatā€™s what I am using

My reply was to @Mav70 , it is shown in the top right corner of the post.

1 Like

I realised that shortly after I had repliedā€¦sorryā€¦:see_no_evil:

Thanks @malakudi

Can you retry with the latest beta? Iā€™ve implemented a retry-mechanism to combat this problem.

1 Like

Hacs is currently showing me beta7 as latest which I currently useā€¦is there a newer one?

Nope, that was the version I was referring to. I already retry doing the write-operation to the inverter 3 times, with an exponential backoff in between.

Out of curiosity: have you tried to add a delay between the various operations you perform on the battery? Does it help/can you try this please?

1 Like

I am and I will. This project is still in the early stages for me and since some of the errors (like the system getting stuck in ā€œforce Chargeā€ mode and no longer discharging the battery) happen only intermittently and often donā€™t result in an error message at all this is not easy.
I have modified my script and automation now and will see how it performs in the next cycle. If I find anything interesting I will post it here.
So far I canā€™t really see any patterns to any of the errorsā€¦my best guess is that there os some kind of collision between some internal timers on the Dongle/Inverter and the HA integrationā€¦ but that is pure speculation at this point.

My daily solar yield does not agree with fusionsolar data.
I use the formula that is on the wiki to take into account the inverter efficiency, then produce a riemann sum
However, every day, fusionsolar has a lower value for daily yield. For example:
12/01/2022: HA => 11.49 KWh FS => 10.76 KWh 6,78% diff
11/01/2022: HA => 10.66 KWh FS => 9.65 KWh 10,46% diff
10/01/2022: HA => 3.78 KWh FS => 3.33 KWh 13,5% diff
09/01/2022: HA => 6.99 KWh FS => 6.53 KWh 7% diff

Any idea why this happens? Anyone figured out how fusionsolar calculates the daily yield?

Fusion Solar has a very weird way of calculating yield. For some reason the yield starts going down at the end of the day, often all the way to 0 overnight. No clue what that is all about and how to read it correctly.

Soā€¦my automation did not trigger yesterday, but it did trigger today (just now actually) but the battery has gone ā€œofflineā€ for the night and sending the Enable Charge from Grid and Forcible Charge to SoC commands were completely ignored. I will check whether the repeated requests actually wake anything, and if not then I guess it is time to look at way of getting the charging times loaded into the TOU entitiesā€¦

Update: it seems like itā€™s a good think that I have the automation in a 30 Minute timer. On the second run it actually started and is running now.

This is the situation I think Iā€™ll find myself in.
Iā€™ve recently purchased the dongle. I hard wired the connection via RJ45 cable. The LED solid green. The inverter lost itā€™s connection to the net as I guess the routes were wrong in my set up. Unplugged it, Fusion Solar platform connected once again.

Am I able to create my own installer login or do I need to have an actual installer create an account for me (or indeed configure the dongle for my inverter)? Is there a verification process or the like where they check who you are?

Iā€™ve contacted my original installers but theyā€™re swamped being close the holiday season and arenā€™t sure if theyā€™ll do it or not.
Am keen to get this up and running and getting visibilty again.

Is there any risk in deleting my inverter and adding it again functionally if I get it wrong?

Thank you!

There is a pretty simple way of porting your plant into your own installer account. All you need to do is ā€œunbindā€ it in Fusion Solar and then import it into your own installer account.
There are a few snags (that can be easily fixed without risk) and you might lose the historical data you had in Fusion Solar, but thatā€™s really all there is.

The safest and easiest way though is to log onto the inverter locally with the sun2000 app and enable modbus/tcp. Then you can store data and control the plant from Home Assistant and leave everything else as-is. The problem with this is, you wonā€™t be able to do firmware Updates yourself, only the Installer can.

1 Like

I just need to find the installer password.
The two that I thought it might be didnā€™t work.
Thanks for the tips!
Iā€™ll try the simplest one first.