Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

I did as you wrote.
result:

Result(value='SUN2000-8KTL-M1', unit=None)

a little test (Rafał suggested me)

It means that communication is OK, but I think there is something wrong with this integration. I can also suggest you to try modbus integration:

modbus:
  - name: Solar
    type: tcp
    host: 192.168.200.1
    port: 502
    sensors:
      - name: Solar SunPower
        address: 32080
        unit_of_measurement: W
        data_type: int
        count: 2
        scale: 1
        precision: 1
        scan_interval: 30    

But don’t add both integration at the same time.

modbus worked, but I would like to know why it doesn’t work in the first configuration.
I don’t know modbus…

Can you now disable modbus and try again the first integration? I know peolpe that sometimes after adding modbus integration, the first integration also start working. I think that after adding modbus integration are also installed missing dependency. i personally never had this problem.

sensor:
  - platform: huawei_solar
    host: '192.168.200.1'

I disable modbus and enable first integration, unfortunately the sensor didn’t show up.

maybe I will restart the inverter?

Of course you can restart inverter and HA once more time. And while using this integration there must be nothing connected to inverter AP.

I don’t have any more ideas, you can use modbus integration and read the same data.

Just remember that connecting to inverter AP should be with deleted slave: 1.

ok, thank you Rafał for your help.
I wonder if this new firmware can do something wrong? Probably not…

Still struggeling to re-connect to the internal AP with my rpi4. I can see the AP on my iPhone, and on my PC, but scanning available networks with my Raspberry doesn’t show it. Any idea what could be wrong?

I also use this firmware and I’m connecting to internal AP and everything works OK.

I uninstalled the huawei_solar integration and installed a new one. When checking the configuration, shows a message appeared to me:
Platform error sensor.huawei_solar - Integration ‘huawei_solar’ not found.
huawei_solar

huawei_solar2

It’s normal. Usually if you add integration it is active after you restart HA, so if you add in config integration, HA didn’t know if it’s correct because this integration is not active until HA restart…

Sorry for my bad English, I hope you understand what I have on mind.
Just restart docker or from command line.

thank you for the information, i’m new here and still learning…:slight_smile:

“#” is used in yaml to add comments. YAML/ Homeassistant will disregard any line starting with #

YAML Tutorial: Everything You Need to Get Started in Minutes | Cloudbees Blog

Add ping 192.168.200.1 to lovelace dashboard too. So that you can get a visual representation of your connection (stable or unstable)

Does someone know if the inverter’s AP uses something like MAC blacklisting or such? Once I try to connect to the AP and something goes wrong (password?), I can’t see the AP anymore in the list of available APs.

Hi guys,
since yesterday I can no longer connect to my system.
I get this error:

from the tests I have done it seems all ok but homeassistant cannot connect:
Schermata 2021-10-09 alle 10.53.04

Schermata 2021-10-09 alle 10.53.32

This is software version: V200R001C00SPC109

Can anyone help me?

What configuration you using? Are you able to ping your inverter from HA?

This is my conf:
Schermata 2021-10-10 alle 11.15.40
I can ping inverter from HA and from my LAN.

I got those issues for a week now. After I updated to 2021.09. I may need to downgrade to an earlier version and see how that works, but that’s not so easy. I invested hours and hours but struggle to connect to the internal AP which disappears suddenly all the time. When connected via LAN to the dongle everything looks fine on port 502 from the console, but no data is received.
I’m running out of ideas …

Right now I get this response when connecting via LAN:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 249, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/huawei_solar/sensor.py", line 120, in setup_platform
    HuaweiSolarSensor(inverter, config[CONF_OPTIMIZERS], config[CONF_BATTERY])
  File "/config/custom_components/huawei_solar/sensor.py", line 135, in __init__
    self._name = self._inverter.get("model_name").value
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py", line 265, in get
    response = self.read_register(reg.register, reg.length)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py", line 312, in read_register
    raise ReadException(message)
huawei_solar.huawei_solar.ReadException: could not read register value, is an other device already connected?