Integration to Zimi / Powermesh

If either of you have a linux machine, try this

1. open two terminal windows. Make sure you have socat and nc installed, of not install them.

2. in one terminal run

nc -lu 0.0.0.0 5002

1. Go to the second terminal and run

echo ZIMI|socat - UDP-DATAGRAM:255.255.255.255:5001,broadcast

1. See if you get a response in the first terminal (the one running nc)

I have a Ubuntu box. I will try those commands, will need a day or two.

I will report back.

No commitment or guarantee but I have a basic command line app working via the API. Much to the annoyance of my wife I can control everything from my laptop :smile:

I have no experience building HA integrations but have started reading up a little and will have a better look on the weekend.

If you want to play you can just netcat (or putty in windows) to port 5003

nc your-zcc- ip-address 5003

to get properties request
{“request”: {“path”: “api/v1/controlpoint/properties”,“method”: “GET”}}\r\n

to get states request
{“request”: {“path”: “api/v1/controlpoint/states”,“method”: “GET”}}\r\n

to get actions request
{“request”: {“path”: “api/v1/controlpoint/actions”,“method”: “GET”}}\r\n

to perform an action (replace PUT YOUR ADDRESS IN HERE with your control point id
{“request”: {“path”: “api/v1/controlpoint/actions”,“method”: “POST”, “body”: {“actions”:[{“id”: “PUT YOUR ADDRESS IN HERE”,“action”: “TurnOn”}]}}}\r\n

The support team have been great, we probably need to make sure there isn’t too many people hitting them with questions!

2 Likes

You are ahead of me! (Then again I am guessing at this and don’t have a hub to play with).

I don’t think that technically you can rely on it being on port 5003, which is why I started with the UDP discovery packet.

Cheers.

Yes, absolutely need to do the UDP discovery as a first step. I have issues with this part, I think it is due to my network configuration (changes I have made to get my Sonos configuration stable). I’ll have to get back to it at some stage. Will be interesting to see if @llundberg has any success.

Hi Nick, I just installed netcat and socat and tried running those commands; no response at all in the first terminal. I entered the commands exactly as you had them. Anything I could look for that could be wrong?

I am a bit of a dummy so I need handholding along the way. I do have a hub if that helps.

Is the hub set up and going, with devices connected to it?

Yes absolutely and the devices are working via the hub. But please have a look at the screenshots I sent to make sure I entered the commands correctly.

Ok, just a quick update to let you know this is still alive…

I’ve engaged a friend to help as this quickly became more than I am capable of doing properly. We now have a python library that will scan for all the deices, print out status and monitor for changes. You can then fire messages to turn on / off, adjust dimming etc.

The next step is to sort out the HA integration stuff. Will start this next weekend.

We do have some feedback we will providing to the Zimi Dev team as we think we have uncovered a few issues (including that we still can’t get the UDP discovery component to work), and a performance improvement request.

This image shows the device tree build after the ZCC is scanned :ok_hand:

Will update at next progress point…

4 Likes

They look like what I typed!

The doc says that you do discovery by sending the characters ZIMI in a broadcast message over UDP. The hub answers on port 5002.

Thank you so much guys, you are both stars in my eyes.
Unfortunately, I probably won’t be able to help much other than some testing but if there is anything at all I can do, please let me know.

Hi guys,

Don’t if this helps but Airtouch 4 has been working with Zimi to integrate these systems together.

The Airtouch which is a android tablet came out with a new option to link the two together and all is displayed on the Airtouch.

I spoke to Zimi tech support and a new firmware update is coming out for the Zimi cloud connect hub on or before the 30/9/21 which will allow the two to talk.

Hopefully this may help someone

1 Like

I’m very excited by all this progress (which to me happened in the space of 5 minutes because I last checked months ago)!!!

I’ve been holding off on making my choice between Zimi/Powermesh and SAL/Pixie (or others) until I had some confidence that they’d be able to be integrated with HA. This is giving me a lot of hope!

Could you clarify - is all this communication you’re doing above to collect device states occurring locally between your PC and the Zimi Cloud Connect hub? And is this the interface that the API documents? Very exciting!

Hello again - I’ve created a new account as the typo in “HA4begginers” was doing my head in…

Anyway, sorry it’s been quiet. We now have a fully functional python module that supports discovery, monitoring and triggering of all device types (well, don’t have fan to test on but I’m pretty confident on that one). We have now started integration with HA.

No guarantees however, I am getting another 8 endpoints installed this week so I am targeting the end of the month for at least a beta version. :cold_sweat:

We are still learning a little about how to manage “groups” of lights as the API doesn’t support. I’ve also raised a support ticket to see if we can get the power consumption data exposed via the API. Not holding out a lot of hope on that but we will see.

@teleksterling yes, this is all locally with the zcc hub and based on the API doco that is floating around.

1 Like

Great news! Garage door control/sensor too? I’d forgotten it was part of the range!

I want to say thank you to all you people who have been progressing this, you are all stars in my book.
I am not much use as a developer but I am hoping that at some point I can learn how to integrate my Zimi hub.
Is it ready for this yet and if so, how do I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Are you hosting this in a public GitHub repo that you can share?
I have the Hub, some switches and access to the developer API. I have been planning to start on a HA integration, just not made it that far yet.
If you have a starting point, maybe I can also work on your code base.
@Bystander00 - Just read that you changed your name :slight_smile:

AFAIK there is only @stav’s git hub with the docs, and what you see in this thread. GitHub - StavsOG/Zimi-API: This is for those that are interested in testing the new ZIMI API Beta, to support development of a Home Assistant integration.

I just forked @stav’s repo in case it disappears for some reason GitHub - nickrout/Zimi-API: This is for those that are interested in testing the new ZIMI API Beta, to support development of a Home Assistant integration.

1 Like

any update on your progress, Just ordered some of these myself so interested now in the integration

1 Like

Sounds like there has been some great progress, any chance of a Christmas Miracle for this?
Needless to say should have some spare time to be a guinea pig if we are at that stage.

1 Like