Integration towards FerroAmp hybridinverter anyone?

I will soon own a FerroAmp hybrid inverter that will connect to my battery pack from Pylontech and solararrays. The inverter has support for MQTT with topics. I have a complete API spec for it and someone could use my inverter to create the necessary integrations if they want.

I see that there are these things for Fronius and Growatt but FerroAmp has a better solution to soon also be able to handle Off Grid and it has a patented phase stabalizer that can draw current from another phase from the grid to give to a second one if it uses to much… which is a really good feature.

2 Likes

Hi Speedo, did you get any help…?
I’ve ordered a Ferroamp to be installed in Mars/April but eager to develop a dashboard showing values from Ferroamp.
Either using mqtt or the cloud api.
For the moment i’ve built a Magic Mirror showing data from a SolarEdge inverter but i want to build likewise for a Ferroamp.
So, if it’s ok for you i would like to use your inverter to start with…?
Please send me an email ([email protected]) and we can make contact!
/Mikael

1 Like

Any progress? Got my EnergyHub installed the other day and now I have jumped into this rabbit hole of IoT and automations. I love it.

Hello,
I’ve just got my Ferroamp installation made the other week along with a battery. I started playing with the MQTT support built into Energy Hub the past week. I first started adding MQTT sensors in home assistant, but I felt I needed to massage the data a bit so I ended up making a basic component that adds a bunch of sensors. It’s available here:

Please note that it’s not done yet, but maybe it can be useful anyways. It’s also my first python work as well as first home assistant integration, so any feedback is welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great. I am restarting my HA life due to the fact that my Tinker Board died and now I have purchased new hardware. I would be happy to test it and possibly to contribute.

Have any of you build a good working automation with this?
eg. Charge @ low price and discharge @ high salesprice?

1 Like

Hello!

I’m trying to help a friend to get this integration to work, but I’m am a bit noobish and I do not know how to configure the official MQTT-addon to work with this.

The first try consisted in trying to set up a bridge as the documentation mentions, but this seems not the way to go with the addon.

So I have the MQTT-broker working, but how do I configure it to listen to the ferroamp “AC-converter”?
I have gotten a username and password from them but I do not know how to use them (since the bridge don’t seem to work)

Can you be more specific in what yo have tried? You should use the Mosquitto broker addon and configure a bridge.

My problem was with the bridge, me beeing noobish and not quite understanding the documentation of MQTT I missed that I was “forced” to configure wich topics to listen to when making the bridge-connection (not just setting a host, username and password).

After some Googling (an hour or so) I found some good examples and was able to get it working.

Is it possible to add more than one EnergyHub with the integration?
I have 6 EH’s in the same network (multiple buildings) that I want to add to the same HA instance.
How do I do that if it works?

Hi, I’m rather new to HASS and certainly with customization, bu it seems I was able to set op a bridged broker connection to my FerroAmp Energy Hub:

log from Mosquitto Broker

But somehow when I add sensors I don’t get any results and the only sensors I see are:

• sensor.ferroramp_control_status
  • sensor.ferroamp_extapi_version

Am I missing out something?

UPDATE

Problem was in the mosquitto.conf, I added port 1883 tot the bridge address, but that isn’t necessary. Further, the topic call was also wrong, I checked with MQTT Explorer and found out what to use