Integration with Daikin Skyfi app (Air conditioning)

Hi is there any way to get Home Assistant to integrate with Daikin’s Skyfi app?

I think it’s a wifi enabled controller that gets installed by an air conditioning man.

Not sure what will be involved in completing something like this. Would love any insights.

Thanks all.

1 Like

This is something I am also looking into although my primary interest is in integration of the BRP072A42 Wifi module that apparently works with split Daikin ACs going back several years (but not officially supported).

Regarding Skyfi:
Following link contains quite a bit of the API:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2440219

For the BRP072A42 Wifi module:
Another link with details of the API based on a document that was partially in japanese:

Both seem reasonably complete for accomplishing the majority of what one would want to control.

There are some special cases like “intelligent eye” which is a motion detector that the wall mounted
AC unit uses to manage power saving features depending on people being in the room or not.
Taking this kind of information and combining it with other automation in the house is of course the dream :smiley:
This particular feature does not seem to be exposed by the API at the moment.

My new place is not quite finished yet and while i already have the AC units installed I dont live there yet.
So I will not be able to do anything more at the moment.

I also have no idea how to translate the API information into something useful for Home Assistant. I am
just getting into HA, any pointers are welcome.

I just saw your post by chance maybe we can get some traction!

At the very least in a few weeks I will be able to check for API changes with new 2016 DAIKIN R32 split AC units.

Thanks for the response Leji! Any traction on this front will be most appreciated.

The whirlpool link looks great. I’ll need to digest it as much as I can for now.
Using the API details from that link, I’ll have a look at what will be involved to create a dev file for integrating into home assistant. I’m pretty noob at this so it might be awhile…

For those energy saving features, could you link another motion sensor placed in the room and achieve the same automation through HA?

Regarding the power saving features you might want to go that route anyway. The way the integrated system works is that it adjusts the temperature slightly . If you are cooling a room to 24C and no motion is detected the AC will go up to 26C, similarly if you are heating up to 26C and no motion is detected it will go down to 24C.

Depending on your situation it might be interesting to have different levels of adjustment for the temperature or more complex adjustments. I am planning with separate motion sensors anyway to control Hue lights and some other stuff.

I also have no idea how to use the linked API. I will spend more time on it after my move.

What i have found so far is that the first version of openhab can control Daikin AC units:

This binding is for the KKRP01A wifi controller.

I have in the meantime received 5 BRP072A42 Wifi modules but they are not installed yet. I would suggest you check which module they would install. The KKRP01A is not available in my country for whatever reason.

I found out that I have a BRP15A61 installed. Hopefully that’s close to the module that you also have.

Hello, looking through the HA log, i found that the discovery already found the AC unit:

Nov 23 16:47:57 jenkins hass[1724]: INFO:homeassistant.components.discovery:Found new service: daikin {‘name’: b’Iceman’, ‘ip’: ‘10.33.1.177’, ‘id’: b’’, ‘ver’: b’2_6_0’, ‘mac’: b’60F18936CD02’}

Hi Marcogh,

Thanks for the info!

Interesting! Which wifi module do you have installed? Do you have more than one unit connected?

I would be interested to know how the controls compare to the daikin mobile app.

Awesome if it could be picked up in discovery.

I second Leji’s request around how you found it in discovery.

I’m running AIO install on pi3 and didn’t find anything in the logs relating to daikin.

I haven’t purchased a Daikin BRP15A61 yet, but I’m keen to hear more - has anyone managed to get this working yet?

The whirlpool link looks pretty promising to be able to create a home-assistant module from. Anyone tried?

you can make it work with ifttt, in ifttt you have an integrated applet for daikin

Are you referring to https://ifttt.com/daikin_online_controller? It’s listed for EMEA only so not sure it’ll work with the BRP15A61. Regardless it doesn’t look as sophisticated as some of the controls in the whirlpool link in this thread, so a proper home-assistant module looks like a good plan (just curious if someone else has built one/tried before going ahead with the unit)

To the best of my knowledge there is currently no module to support Daikin air condition machines in home assistant. There also seems to be not a lot of interest for it. I guess the Daikin units are not widely used with the wifi modules.

There is another home automation system very similar to this one which seems to have full support.

Which system are you referring to, @Leji?

@leji The OpenHab binding talks about the KKRP01A which I believe is Daikin’s European product, whereas “Skyfi” is their BRP15A61 module used in (at least) Australia. As far as I can tell they’re different things with different protocols.

The bindings will interface with the API which is exposed by the adapters. No change in the API from KKRP01A at least for my BRP072A42. Obviously there will be feature differences but that just means that when you make an api call for a feature that does not exist then nothing will happen.

I am not aware of any protocols being reverse engineered or associated differences.

I’m very interested in the integration of the ‘skyfi’ device but am not too sure how to proceed with reverse engineering the protocol or next steps in adding it into the pile of things to be added to home assistant.

Is there somewhere where people can vote on interest of things to add to home assistant?

Or is there anything that I could do to further this cause?

I would suggest to just give openhab a try and see if their binding works for you. If there are no specific other products
that are only supported by home assistant that is. I am not planning to reinvent the wheel and i would not be good at it anyway :D. From october till now we only got a handful of people here while openhab seems to have a working version.
I have not tested it yet myself though.

I have managed to reverse engineer the SkyFi protocol and implement a controller thru the custom_components

I can supply the code to anyone who wants to update and do properly,

and/or supply the protocol stuff

Steve

2 Likes

Hi Steve, that would be terrific, just about to order some Daikin units, so it would be great to know I can integrate them. Cheers, Sean

Created a github project

1 Like