Integration with Minut Point?

Hi fredrike.

You’re welcome, I’m just glad I now have Point integrated in HA.

And yes you are right, I didn’t give Minut the correct URL. In fact, I didn’t give Minut any URL, as I just asked for the client_id and client_secret. When they replied the client_id and client_secret back, I was told they could also configure the callback URL. Thus, Step 0 in this guide should be:

Step 0:
Ask Minut for your client_id and client_secret and ask them to configure the callback URL to https://hassurl:8123

Instead of waiting for Minut to update the callback URL, I just went ahead and tried integrating Point ASAP. I’ll see if I can help with documentation.

1 Like

Any news when the 0.84 fix will be implemented?

I really don’t know.

@balloob, when will this patch be added to a release?

It is part of the 0.85.0 beta so it will be released soon…

@fredrike, thank you for the great work. I was wondering if you see any way of turning the alarm on/off via the API?

Yes, I actually found a way to toggle the alarm (must have missed that when I implemented the support though).

I’ll take a look and see if I can implement it as a switch. Do note that the alarm is per home and not per Point device.

(for my own reference)
curl -X PUT -H "Authorization: Bearer $token" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{ "alarm_status":"on"}' https://api.minut.com/draft1/homes/<home_id>

Great, I guess we can then find a way to use it with the Manual Alarm Control Panel.

Well actually, I’ll implement it as an alarm-control-panel, that seems to be the “right way” :slight_smile:.

Even more perfect. :grinning:

1 Like

Do you have experience with alarm-control-panel? Can it be used in automations to toggle arm status?

Sorry, I have no experience with alarm-control-panel. For automations I normally use Node-RED so was thinking this was the way to go - have though not investigated it yet.

Hi Fredrike!

Just got my Point from Minut and found your excellent integration with Home Assistant.
Did a simple automation trying to send an email when you press the button, eg.

alias: Point Button pressed
trigger:

• entity_id: binary_sensor.hallen_button_press
    platform: state
    condition: []
    action:
  • service: notify.MailNotifiier
    data:
    title: Intruder alert

It works fine, but it seems there are more events that triggers that event!
Have tried adding binary_sensor.hallen_button_press.state in the message text,
but it doesn’t seem to work. Some ideas what I’m doing wrong or how to find the event that triggers?
///Peter

I don’t know what is happening and will be able to troubleshoot in a couple of days, but have you tested to just trigger then the states goes to on? Or look at configuring the automation based on the triggers similar to how it is done for ifttt.

Hej Fredrik!
Has been running the automation for a few days now and it seems that the heartbeat from Point triggers the alarm once every hour.
I been running on HA version 84.2, don’t know if it can be the cause?
Tested to upgrade to 86.0 today and then the other Point sensors appeared (temperature, humidity and sound etc.).
Unfortunately, it also caused all my devices from Telldus/Tellstick to disappear, so I have to try to sort it out first! ;O(
/// Peter

As I said, will investigate what might trigger the automation from point.

I’m sorry about TelldusLive (I’m the one that have been maintaining that code). Hade an unfortunate bug that caused some sensors to not show up. This caused the fix to change the persistent ids’ so you might need to edit the .storage/entity_registry to fix it.

I’m happy for you that you can run 0.86 mine does not even start.

Yes, you are right. And that is due to the last heard from changes :slight_smile:.
01%20

Change your automation to this:

- id: '1548404931395'
  alias: Point button press
  trigger:
  - entity_id: binary_sensor.hallen_button_press
    to: 'on'
  action:
  - data:
      title: Point press
    service: notify.MailNotifiier

Hello Fredrik!

After updating to 86.2 and following your advice to edit in entity_registry,
all my Telldus devices are back and running again! All of the Point entities/sensors works fine to.
Many thanks!

but…

when trying the Automation:

’ This one triggers when button pressed and on LastUpdated!

action:
  • data:
    title: ‘Minut Point alert’
    service: notify.viamail

But not this!

to: ‘“on”’
    action:
  • data:
    title: ‘Minut Point alert’
    service: notify.viamail

Tried with different combination of Single and Double Quotes around the to: text, but no luck!

Is it possible to test with:
# data_template:
# title: Minut Point alert
# message: Point button just changed to {{ trigger.to.state }}
or something?

B.r.g.
///Peter

Looks like the points are causing some issues with the new update:

F.Y.I. - It works in 86.x and 87.0 on my Raspberry (not Docker).
///Peter

I’ve got initial alarm_control support working.

Here are the changes: