Integration with Minut Point?

This is the right way to trigger button press:

alias: Point button press
  trigger:
  - event_type: point_webhook_received
    platform: event
  condition:
    condition: template
    value_template: "{{ trigger.event.data.event.type == 'short_button_press' }}"
  action:
  - data_template:
      message: "Button press on Point {{ trigger.event.data.event.device_id }}"
      title: "Point button press"
    service: persistent_notification.create

I will update the documentation for Point with this example. But be aware that things might change as I think trigger.event.data.event actually should be trigger.data (I’ll see if I might have made some errors with the event).

1 Like

I’ve verified and there was an issue with the code for the binary_sensors update, this fixes that.

Also, you need to check your editor, it seems like you are sending strange quotes (”’ is not ").

Edit: tested automation below:

- id: '1548404931395'
  alias: Point button press binary_sensor
  trigger:
  - entity_id: binary_sensor.mjovik_button_press
    platform: state
    to: 'on'
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      title: Point press
    service: notify.notify
  - data:
      title: Point press
    service: persistent_notification.create

Thank you Fredrik!
“The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change -”
― Heraclitus

just as a FYI, I am currently authoring a plugin for Homeseer, you can get the token without listening for a postback if you just request a token initially using users username and password as per following details on the https://api.minut.com/v1/oauth/token, you don’t need to get a postback, this will return the key in response to the request.

new AuthReq()
{
client_id = “xxxxxxxxxxxx”,
client_secret = “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”,
grant_type = “password”,
username = Username,
password = Password
};

Happy news!

Home Assistant v0.89 contains Alarm Control panel for Point!

The documentation have also been updated with usage examples of triggers and webhooks.

1 Like

I have just got my Minut Point installed and connected to Home Assistant, and everything seems to work but one strange thing is that I seems to be missing on binary_sensor, specificaly the motion sensor.
Any idea what the problem could be?

It is a documentation error, the current component for home assistant does not create a motion sensor,as the API from Minut does not expose that information. Please ask [email protected] for that support and I’ll be happy to add it to home assistant.

Hi. I found an error on the 13 January and I forgot to report it. I don’t know if it is fixed, but the problem was that “Connectivity” was “Connected” while “offline” was true. This seems wrong.

(Sorry for the delay!)

Yes, that seems to be an error, but it seems to work now:

It seems like this is still a problem. The Point is offline (wifi disconnected or battery removed) and this what is shown:

Well, what does the Point app say? I think that your Point needs to be offline for some time before the Cloud updates the state to not connected.

The app says “Last updated February 26”.

Is there a difference between “offline: true” and “Connectivity: Connected”? Shouldn’t they be in the same state?

Stealing this conversation a bit
 But is there any way to trigger the Point alarm, via some other sensor?

It looks like the alarm panel has this function, but i don’t see it in the Point API?

Hej PĂ€r!

No, unfortunately is it not possible to send commands directly to the Point. It is designed to be in a offline sleep mode most of the time hence there is no way to wake it up except using a siren (which will trigger an “alarm heard” event) or perhaps moving in front of it.

There are often things in HA that appears in the frontend but are not active for the current device.

Would there be possible, to request the feature from Point API
 To somehow push with a secret key
 And trigger the alarm that way? Or does it only sync pushed settings when it feels to?

No that would not be possible.

Point runs on batteries and as such a lot of care is taken to make the batteries last as long as possible. This means that for the most time, communication channels like Wi-Fi, is turned off. It is only activated when necessary and that happens for two reasons. The first reason is regular checkins, called Heartbeats. The heartbeat is a message that Point sends roughly once an hour to indicate to the backend that it is still alive and well. This message contains all the sensor readings since the last heartbeat, usually some diagnostics, and a check for new configuration or software updates. The other reason is when something out of the ordinary happens, for example, when the Point detects a sudden temperature drop, an alarm, or other activity. These messages are called Events. Minut API documentation

Out of curiosity, what would such a use case be when you want to trigger the alarm?

I would want the Point features (like neighbor watch) but at specific entrypoints that is not covered with Point motion detector. As in building a more complete home alarm, with Point as the center. In this case a backdoor with a magnetic switch.

Perhaps that could be possible if the Point API allowed external “sensors”. So that if the Mobile App is the central point it could be used to notify others.

Has this broken since 0.92? Every one of my sensors, binary_sensors, alarm_control everything stopped working. So i rolled back to 0.91.3

I have the same problem
 But if i delete the integration and add it again (and giving the app permission to use API), it works until next reboot