Integration with Mobilus GTW

Hi,

I have Mobilus GTW gateway which is used to manage roller shutters.
Link to the device description: https://mobilus.pl/en/mobilus-products/sterowanie-mobilus/sterowanie-radiowe-mobilus/cosmo-gtw/

It is possible to connect to this device by local network or cloud service - MOBILUS

It would be nice to have it integrated with HA.

BR,
TL

Hi @tomecheq,

You have a better chance if you send an email to Mobilus and ask them if it is possible to integrate the Gateway through a local API. And if the API is public.

I don’t think that Mobilus really into IoT anymore. They stopped selling ages ago their Z-Wave gateway, none of their product is ZWave plus, and they went on the road with Cosmo which is not used really by any other company.

I know them, because I have their Z-Wave Roller Shutter controllers, but it would have been a better investment if I would have bought Qubino or Fibaro ones.

Hi @tomacheq,
I have created a small project that addresses this problem:

it requires basic soldering skills to create a MQTT adapter that forwards published messages to mobilus cosmo hm remote.
It can be then easily configured in HA. Worth giving a try.

2 Likes

Is it any option to integrate COSMO | GTW and Home Assistance?

HI there,
I was looking for something to control my mobilus shutters without success, until now!
Thank you for sharing your project.
I may want to implement it someday but with a different type of remote control…
I own Cosmo H5 - it will be easier to determine the remote control’s current position. :slight_smile:

I was looking at your wiring schematics and I was wondering if optocouplers PC817 are correctly connected – shouldn’t transistor side be connected with remote control momentary switch and LED side to be connected with Weemos output? Am I missing something?

Marcin

1 Like

Few days later…

I successfully implemented your solution… thanks again for sharing!
I used esp32 - I know, overkill. but its cheap as well.

I had to adjust timings, delays , add some of these here and there,few minor tweaks in code to adjust to different type of remote… and I had to rebuild Wifi connection configuration ,- Not sure why, but it didn’t want to cooperate with my ESP32 board.

Thanks to you I don’t have to put 6 shutters modules and I don’t need to worry about how I get them squeeze under wall switches :slight_smile:

As I wrote in my previous post, schematic you shared is a bit wrong… Optocouplers should be connected the other way around.
Marcin

1 Like

Is it possible, that You can share your project?

This is how it looks like…
It’s based on pwrozycki schematics, idea and ESP32 Program

Just changed few bits to adjust it to my mobilus remote control.

1 Like

Hi @tykasan,

Thanks for sharing your solution, sounds very good. Last year I tried to find a solution with Shelly 2.5 to control my shutters, but the connection doesn’t work correctly (e.g. due to missing information about shutter position). So maybe this solution can solve my problem to integrate the shutters within HA.

Another question: if I understand your solution correct, you are using the remote control at a fix place in your home. Are you facing any problems with low signal because of too long distance to the shutters?

Best regards
Matze

@matze_ha
I do not face any issues with low signal due to low distance, as Mobilus motors have signal repeater build in…
If you have mobilus motors, read on manual on how to enable that feature.
:slight_smile:

@tykasan: sounds good. is it possible that you share your wiring and final code?

@pwrozycki or @tykasan what has to be changed in home assistant? The configurations from GIT should be integrated in configuration yaml correct? But how to control the shutters/send commands to it? In my home assistant ZigBee2mqtt is running and normally I connect new devices with it.