Integration with new Sonoff S-Mate

Hi everyone!
I recently updated all my lighting to be connected to Sonoff Basic devices, flashing them with Tasmota. Everything works fine, but I have been using wireless smart switches to turn them on and off, and they are usually not so great quality wise.
I wanted to make my “old dumb” switches, into smart ones without replacing them. I know I could use something like a Sonoff Mini or a Shelly Relay, but they require wiring to the lights, and those wires don’t go through the switches any more.
Lookin for a solution, I found the recently launched Sonoff S-Mate, which seems exactly what I need. Is a battery powered device that can make you old dum switch into a smart one. My hope was that it would be a Zigbee device or something like that, but from what I saw, it appears to connect via RF or Bluetooth. So it does not appear to be compatible with third party like Home Assistant. Has anyone ever tried to use one? Is there any way to use with HA?
Do you guys recommend any other device? I wanted something battery powered that could detect when I flip a switch. Is there such a thing?

Thanks!

What about Shelly plus i4 or Shelly i3?

Ok it’s not battery powered…

You could try to use zigbee remote like in this (in French) post:

Any news on the sonoff s-mate front? i think this is a revolutionary device!!!

Hello, i am trying to use Sonoff S-mate without the ewekink remote (Mini R3 connection).
There is something new about it?
I could not find a firmware to flash or a direct integration with home assistant… Thks

You can use zigbee water sensor, just connect sensor wires to wall switch