Integration with Sunbean WIFI Heated Mattress Pad

Well I installed local tuya and it had some error about no data points found, so in this thread I found someone who broke down what the DPS were and I did a manual configuration of adding it all in, seems to work although for some reason if you turn it off using the tuya app you can’t turn the device back on. If I power cycle it then I can turn it back on, so I have it on a smart plug for now if need be. Does anyone have an ideas about the data points missing, not able to turn on remotely after turning off remotely, and also is there anyway to get around the user confirmation bug?

I have tried turning it on using the preheat function and that doesnt turn it on, nor does the setting the level.

I’m pretty sure that you need to pretty much ditch the Tuya app if you are trying to do local control. This means really killing the app on all of your devices. The local control relies on a rather marginally reliable UDP based system. With your local software and the Tuya app both sending and monitoring these, even when no control is being done.

I have one of these Mattress Pads running for over a year with local control (custom python based on very good TinyTuya github project) with very good reliability. All functions work including preheat. Interface to Home Assistant is via MQTT.

Good hunting!

Pretty sure the chip in this device is not supported by either TinyLibre or OpenBeken, I have opened the controller and route of replacing the Tuya chip with a ESP chip is a possibility, would take some reverse engineering to get the serial control commands/status between the Tuya wifi chip and the Tuya MCU that does the actual control of the functions. It’s on my too long todo list, that said I have a TinyTuya project based python mqtt controller for the mattress pad that has been running very well for over a year.

Good hunting!

1 Like

the tuya app is force closed so it’s not doing anything at this point for me, it was just for testing really to make sure that the issues I was seeing in HA was the same in the tuya app (which they are).

Late to the game: Just pulled out the mattress pad out of the box.
As most (if not all) of you I would love to avoid Tuya app and account.
Is there a way around or do I need to take that path (if nothing else) to connect the device to my WiFi? The controller has (as per usual) an unprotected wifi and is sitting on 192.168.175.1. However, there is nobody listening on :80
Any info whether there is a www configuration interface at some port or perhaps a telnet console?
If Tuya is it for initial setup I will give it a try. Hope the above (super nice!) instructions from 2022 are still applicable to what ships these days.
Thanks!

1 Like

Got the integration working for the Sunbeam Bedding Single - S1 (Full size)
Most of the “Side A” properties are applicable to the single version with few exceptions:
1: - No master power switch
4: - No master heat level

There are also three new (sensor?) properties:
103: with raw states “45_Minutes_Before” and “User_Confirmation” (that I have yet to understand)
102: Remaining Preheat time [s] (count-down from 1800s)
13: ??? so far Raw_state=0

Just in case someone has the same version.

BTW: Unfortunately YAML was deprecated as configuration method for LocalTuya so all editing was in the UI :frowning:

1 Like

The dual controls are a bit different.
104 is the user confirmation and
103 looks to be a timer that is set to 1800 anytime any setting is changed via HA

you need to click the “configure” button and add all the entities manually.

1 Like

You need to make sure the temperature levels and time settings are exactly correct in the configuration. As an example if you use Level vs level it will put the blanket in a mode where it needs to be power cycled to work again. MrWhite49 has the correct variables listed above.