Integration with XComfort Bridge

Thanks for the update. I’ve upgraded my respository, restarted HA and re-installed the integration. Unfortunately I’m still encountering the same issue: the bridge appears in my integrations, but none of the entities are populated. Is there any information I can provide you to help with troubleshooting?

Can you go to Configuration → Logs and see if there is anything marked with “Eaton xComfort Bridge”?

This is what I found:

2021-05-29 09:06:34 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration xcomfort_bridge which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

2021-05-29 09:06:34 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] No ‘version’ key in the manifest file for custom integration ‘xcomfort_bridge’. As of Home Assistant 2021.6, this integration will no longer be loaded. Please report this to the maintainer of ‘xcomfort_bridge’

2021-05-29 09:06:35 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.util] The system could not validate that the sqlite3 database at //config/home-assistant_v2.db was shutdown cleanly

2021-05-29 09:06:55 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Setup of light platform xcomfort_bridge is taking over 10 seconds.

Do i need to add some config entries to configuration.yaml?

I have added ‘version’ to the manifest. Can you try again now?

Thank you. The component is loading again, but still does not find any entities. I get the following errors:

Logger: homeassistant.components.light
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/events.py:81
Integration: Light (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:09:43 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:09:43
Setup of light platform xcomfort_bridge is taking over 10 seconds.

Logger: homeassistant.components.light
Source: helpers/entity_platform.py:298
Integration: Light (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:10:33 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:10:33
Setup of platform xcomfort_bridge is taking longer than 60 seconds. Startup will proceed without waiting any longer.

I wonder if there’s something basic I’m doing wrong. Do I need to enter any port details along with the IP address (I simply entered the IP address number 192.168.1.103 without anything else)?

I’m not sure if there could be some other components I need to have installed so that this can work?

Edit: could it be the xcomfort bridge password? I have one set in the app by my electrician… something to do with some of the components being programmed before by the USB stick thingy…

Are there any updates for this integration? I am still struggling to get it working, but haven’t given up hope yet.

I was using your xComfort integration with Home Assistant last year without problems, but when I tried to install it now, I had some problems. My light actuator show up in the list, so it definitely has contact with the xComfort Bridge, but nothing happens when I try to switch the state. Actually, the same thing happens when I try to run your Python script as well. The devices show up, with the correct state, but it’s not possible to turn the light on or off.
Has anything changed recently?

I have the same problem. I hope there is a solution available soon.

@N3xus132 and @squirrito, you should try out the fork https://github.com/epaulsen/xcomfort_bridge-hass instead. Works perfectly with xComfort Bridge.

I pulled the epaulsen fork into the main repository and updated the base library with some nice contributions.

If you had the old version you have to setup the integration again

Thanks to epaulsen, skela, jorgenhauge and arminbreiteneder for contributing

Hi @jankrib I have recently Updated my Eaton xComfort Bridge to Version: 3.19
and Since then the Integration is not loading, I am running HAS - 2022.3.3

I have tried deleting the integration and redeploying it manually copying files to custom_components/xcomfort_bridge but still it never loads the configuration.

Please find few screenshots for reference:
Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 10.18.16 AM

I’m experiencing the same problem after the Bridge update to version 3.19. Must be some breaking changes there. Any chance you could have a look, @jankrib?

I’m working on it now. I upgraded the xcomfort bridge API to 3.x yesterday and it seems to be working well, but the home assistant integration is not working for me so I’m looking into it.

New version is out now and is working for me. Tell me if you have any issues

Yes its working for me and loading fine, thanks a-lot @jankrib image

Does this integration also work with heating, and is it possible to use the Room Controller Touch?

I don’t have the Room Controller Touch myself, but it is implemented so it should work. It would be great if you try it out and tell us how it’s working :smile:

Loving this integration, great work.

I have the RCTouch modules and they work for me (basic temperature control and reading of sensors) after doing some tweaks to the codebase. Also fixed some lighting bugs and other glitches I was hitting. Working on adding switch/rocker integration to be able to control non-xComfort stuff as well (just need to clean it up a bit).

You can find the code here: GitHub - alex-w2/ha-xcomfort-bridge: Eaton xComfort integration with Home Assistant

I also have screens/shades which I’ve been trying to integrate. I have the state reading working, but not idea about the commands to send them. @jankrib how did you figure out the light and heat control commands? I’ve been trying to get a websocket proxy going (based on the xcomfort-node mitm proxy), but can’t seem to get the signature correct when switching out the keys. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Curious about this too. Nice research, Jan.

@alex_w Do you have anything rough to share wrt. a mitm proxy? The node thing looks like it’s using some different API, possibly an older version of the bridge (given it’s been 5 years since last commit)?

My approach would probably be to take @jankrib’s code and just make a WS-server that presents its own pubkey and re-encrypts before relaying to the actual bridge with its pubkey.