Integration with XComfort Bridge

I actually meant this node proxy here, which is only 6 months old. :slight_smile:

I also re-wrote it in C# and it proxies just fine if I leave the data untouched, but as mentioned above, the signing as done in the mitm proxy does not work. Client just doesn’t reply after that, presumably it throws away the response as invalid. Most likely something changed in the protocol since this mitm proxy was made, and the client expects a different payload to be signed…

I too love this integration!
But I would love it even more if someone clever could make it detect and control the new Eaton SunScreen actuators.

@jankrib, I have several Room Controller Touch installed (CRCA-00/12) and they show up in HA using your Bridge Integration:
This is the State table:

As far as I can see, only current_temperature and preset_mode seems to update (read) correctly when changes are made manually on the touch panel.
All attempts to control the thermostat settings and parameters from HA fails, but there are no entries in the log and no error messages on screen.
It would be most helpful if you could find the time to fix this. I’ll be glad to help in any way I can.

HA update to 2022.7.x broke the integration but was fixed again when I changed the manifest to pycryptodome==3.15.0

It’s nice to see that you find the integration useful.
I think I’ll have some time to work a bit on the integration this summer so feel free to post pain points and logs that might help. If you fork on github and make improvements, I would love a Pull Request as it makes it easy to take into the main project.

Fantastic (Fantastisk) :slight_smile:
No pain - just desires; Here’s my wish-list

1. Make the thermostate Touch Controller work for all attributes
  2. Implement support for the sunscreen actuators (Solskjermingsgruppen AS)

I’ll be more than happy to be your beta-tester for the above.
(Kontakt meg gjerne med privat email [email protected])

Just uploaded my HA startup log to PasteBin in case there’s something in there that’s useful for you:

I just published an update now with some fixes. Hopefully, it should behave better now. Setting the temperature from the app works for me now. I didn’t have time to look at the preset modes.

What is actually the difference purpose between these three repo’s:

The first is a fork of the full home-assistant. When I first looked at the docs they suggested the right way was to start of that way and to make a pull request into the main project. I might pick this up some time, but for now it is not actively maintained.

The second is a python library for xcomfort that has nothing to do with home assistant. I made a seperate repo for this so that if someone wanted to integrate with xcomfort bridge for something else than home assistant, it would be easy.

The last is the home assistant custom component implementation that is activly maintained and used.

Thanks, works perfectly with my actuators. Great work!

I was just wondering, is there a “list of functionality” somwhere to be found?

I ask because Im seeing my actuators as switches and sensors, but the sensors are not relaying any data (temperature) as far as I can see.

Goto HA Devrloper Page and insert the sensor entity in the State section and you will see that it does indeed return temperature set point, current temperature, moisture, status etc.

@jankrib does this integration support power consumption values? I’m looking into this system and as far as I know the actuators report power usage (maybe I’m wrong) and I would want that in HA.

No, it does not. All Eaton xComfort Smartsticks which are labelled ‘E’ does report Power consumption, but this value is not yet supported by the integration.
This is also one of my items on the wish-list to the developer/maintainerof this fine piece of work.

1 Like

@jankrib Every time I reboot Home Assistant, I’m getting this error message. This appeared only after a while back, probably after updating HA to a new version, but I am uncertain of exactly when it started and with what version. Any idea on how to fix this?

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: components/sensor/__init__.py:980
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 6:10:33 PM (8 occurrences)
Last logged: 6:10:33 PM

Entity sensor.rt_bad_1 (<class 'custom_components.xcomfort_bridge.sensor.XComfortPowerSensor'>) is using native unit of measurement 'W' which is not a valid unit for the device class ('energy') it is using; Please update your configuration if your entity is manually configured, otherwise report it to the custom integration author.
Entity sensor.rt_sov_2 (<class 'custom_components.xcomfort_bridge.sensor.XComfortPowerSensor'>) is using native unit of measurement 'W' which is not a valid unit for the device class ('energy') it is using; Please update your configuration if your entity is manually configured, otherwise report it to the custom integration author.
Entity sensor.rt_bad_2 (<class 'custom_components.xcomfort_bridge.sensor.XComfortPowerSensor'>) is using native unit of measurement 'W' which is not a valid unit for the device class ('energy') it is using; Please update your configuration if your entity is manually configured, otherwise report it to the custom integration author.
Entity sensor.rt_kjokken (<class 'custom_components.xcomfort_bridge.sensor.XComfortPowerSensor'>) is using native unit of measurement 'W' which is not a valid unit for the device class ('energy') it is using; Please update your configuration if your entity is manually configured, otherwise report it to the custom integration author.
Please update your configuration if your entity is manually configured, otherwise create a bug report at https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22integration%3A+template%22

Yes I also get this. Made an issue for it: Power sensor roports wrong unit · Issue #17 · jankrib/ha-xcomfort-bridge · GitHub

Hi @jankrib

thanks for all the support so far, We recently upgraded to HA 2023.5.2 and Eaton xComfort Bridge integration borked, I have. following is the log:

2023-05-06 09:40:30.149 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration xcomfort_bridge which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2023-05-06 09:40:49.617 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Setting up stage 2: {'zone', 'cast', 'input_number', 'stt', 'influxdb', 'assist_pipeline', 'group', 'repairs', 'application_credentials', 'diagnostics', 'stream', 'tapo', 'input_datetime', 'ibeacon', 'buienradar', 'device_automation', 'input_boolean', 'script', 'rest_command', 'binary_sensor', 'scene', 'speedtestdotnet', 'config', 'solaredge', 'co2signal', 'file_upload', 'input_select', 'localtuya', 'person', 'trace', 'blueprint', 'tag', 'lovelace', 'blink', 'ffmpeg', 'tado', 'pi_hole', 'ifttt', 'onvif', 'auth', 'image_upload', 'bluetooth_adapters', 'search', 'local_ip', 'syncthru', 'logbook', 'homewizard', 'python_script', 'rpi_power', 'analytics', 'xcomfort_bridge', 'rtsp_to_webrtc', 'input_button', 'ipp', 'mqtt', 'openweathermap', 'energy', 'sun', 'conversation', 'counter', 'tapo_control', 'eufy_security', 'webostv', 'tuya', 'my', 'homekit_controller', 'hacs', 'input_text', 'schedule', 'raspberry_pi', 'heos', 'default_config', 'system_health', 'map', 'mbapi2020', 'tts', 'history', 'media_source', 'upnp', 'camera', 'spotify', 'mobile_app', 'shopping_list', 'onboarding', 'met', 'life360', 'automation', 'bmw_connected_drive', 'fritz', 'timer', 'denonavr', 'homeassistant_alerts', 'broadlink', 'sensor', 'hardware', 'spider', 'dlna_dms', 'persistent_notification'}
2023-05-06 09:40:56.115 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up xcomfort_bridge
2023-05-06 09:40:56.116 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain xcomfort_bridge took 0.0 seconds
2023-05-06 09:40:56.165 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.xcomfort_bridge.hub] getting event loop
2023-05-06 09:40:56.166 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.xcomfort_bridge.hub] loading devices
2023-05-06 09:41:14.594 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.xcomfort_bridge.hub] loaded 13 devices
2023-05-06 09:41:14.595 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.xcomfort_bridge.hub] loading rooms
2023-05-06 09:41:14.595 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.xcomfort_bridge.hub] loaded 0 rooms
2023-05-06 09:41:14.595 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry 192.168.2.6 for xcomfort_bridge
File "/config/custom_components/xcomfort_bridge/__init__.py", line 38, in async_setup_entry

You must have made some other changes to your config. I’ve upgraded to 2023.5.2 and I had no issues with @jankrib’s xComfort integration at all. (But I do hope he steps in, cause I’ve been trying to reach him for some time for other reasons) :slightly_smiling_face:

HI @viking,

I even tried deletion the integration and re-adding the bridge with proper auth key and still the same issue logs as shared above.

@gagan

I had the same issue now after updating home assistant. Fixed now in the newest version

1 Like