Intel NUC with Ubuntu 18 requires restart every 2 days

Hi, I have recently migrated my entire setup to Intel NUC with Ubuntu 18.04 and Hass via Docker. Everything seems to be fast and working absolutely fine but only for 2 days.

Initially, I had a problem that the NUC was going into sleep mode which I did not want instead it should be always running. I overcame this by the following commands

systemctl unmask sleep.target suspend.target hibernate.target hybrid-sleep.target

This seems to have resolved the problem for a day or two but now something goes wrong every third day. Automation (AppDaemon) stops working, cannot do anything even in HASS, the only option is to restart NUC for everything to go back to normal.

I have checked HASS, AD and MQTT logs and there are no errors reported except for the fact that AD cannot connect to Hass instance, etc

I am absolutely a beginner with Linux so don’t know what to explore on that front but can anyone help me diagnose what the problem could be and maybe a potential solution.

Additionally, how are you keeping your NUCs always on?

Had the same. Bios update was the solution for me

BIOS update is the first thing that I did after getting the NUC last week. I have the NUC7PYJH and here is the current version I am running. I feel this is the latest one.

JYGLKCPX.86A.0047.2018.1219.1246

Hi, I am still struggling with this issue, does anyone offer some insights, it would really help me move forward

Use Ubuntu server instead.

1 Like

Spent the weekend and got the Ubuntu Server setup. Will see how it goes for the coming week. Thanks for the advice man!

Is your log a big file (Gb)?

Nah, its way too less, ~25mb

I have the same NUC, and run 16.04 LTS and don’t have your issue.

Having similar issues, did you manage to make it work?

/Johan