Interesting issue with upgrade

@rpitera this raises another question, how is the /usr/local/bin instance the one that is able to run? If he ran the AIO installer, it auto-adds the systemd boot commands for the VEnv instance. I’m perplexed as to how the local instance is running instead of the other.

I was just thinking this myself as I am setting up a test version for one of the devs here so I can test his updates before they are pushed to a PR and I am setting up a separate venv and everything. In his instructions, he has me starting up manually as “This is going to run in the foreground it is really complicated to explain how to make this run as a service”. So I’m wondering that too… Could it be the AIO script is updating the service entry with the new path? That doesn’t sound right though.

@rpitera Even if the AIO script targeted the wrong path i.e. /usr/local/bin/hass, that instance wouldn’t be there unless it was previously installed in that location via another method. I don’t think there’s any reason to suspect issue with the AIO installer script.

@jswalls110 can you add any information that would help answer these questions? Did you manually install the /usr/local/bin/ instance at some point without realizing?

1 Like

Most likely yes.

Ok my pi has stopped responding.

Anything additional will need to wait until the weekend it’s 150 miles away.

Thanks for your help.

Must have had a power outage last night as the Pi was up this morning.

I had already deleted the the hass that was in /usr/local/bin/ and rebooted. That was when I lost connection.

Upon looking this morning I was on 35.3 and attempted to upgrade 2 times with no success. Kept telling me Requirement up to date.

I then did an upgrade force-reinstall. Did a service restart. And I am upgraded to 36.1

Thanks for all the help.

1 Like

Great job. Had to be white-knuckling knowing the Pi was so far away.